Super Contributor

Kitchen Aid TSV FP may Be A Beast but..

If this machine can make pizza dough with 8 cups of flour.. It may be a beast as that is a whole lot of flour to work with at one time for any FP including the 30 yr old Cuisinarts.

I really would like to see it do this as in the video from this morning the machine seemed to be just doing OK with FAR less pizza dough.. ??

Super Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV FP may Be A Beast but..

Frankly I do not believe that this can make pizza dough with 8 cups of flour as even the Old Cuisinart 14 Cup machine could not do that and that had at least 1 hp.

Valued Contributor

If you go to page 20 in the manual it says the dough blade is best used with 2 to 3 cups of flour. I make pizza dough and double it so I thought this would be easier for me but I use about 5 to 6 cups of flour. Didn't order it for that reason.

Super Contributor

Just as I expected the old Cuisinart instructions said to use the metal blade for dough recipes less than 3.25 cups of flour and the dough blade for more than that..

Since I hated what happens on my Cuisinart Elite and I saw the same thing on the Kitchenaid I quickly cancelled my order and got a Cuisinart that will allow use of my full set of blades including the whisk attachment and will use my manual dicer for the few times I need a large .5"" dice and now I am back to the gold standard of yesteryear and the only thing better would be the old Platinum one.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this and upon receiving it sent it right back. It's HUGE -- it's like an elephant's foot!!!!! Also, it felt cheap. Didn't even try it -- read the reviews (when it was a TSV several months ago) and decided I wasn't going to use the monster. Where would you even store something this size??? It looked odd on the counter, that's for sure. I instead bought a highly rated "old fashioned" Cuisinart from Bed Bath Beyond and am very satisfied with that purchase.

Honored Contributor

I could believe it as I can make that much pizza or bread dough with my KA hand mixer.

Respected Contributor

Well I bought it just for the dicer, we'll see how it stands up to my 12 cup one.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Contributor

I purchased a Kitchen Aid about this size and I can tell you it is huge. I purchased it and then moved. It was quite some time before I used the machine and I hate it. The plastic bowl and top are very hard to manipulate. The top takes a lot of force to put on the bowl and turn to lock. It is great for slicing, once the bowl and top is in place. The pulse feature is a button that has to be pushed. It is not a true pulse like my old Cuisinart smaller unit. I wish I had my 9 cup Cuisinart back.