Regular Contributor
Sometimes don't feel like peeling and mincing fresh garlic. Can anyone recommend good jarred garlic. TIA
Honored Contributor

Look for one from USA not China.

Respected Contributor
Christopher Ranch. Always good when you don't have time.
Honored Contributor

IMO, jarred garlic is jarred garlic. You can get it in water or oil, usually EVOO. Most of the time I get mine at Aldi, but i needed some when I was at Walmart a few weeks ago so I picked up the Simply Organic brand in a squeeze bottle.  To be honest, I like Aldi's better because I can spoon out what I want..  The one thing I have observed, though, is that you need more jarred garlic to match the flavor/strength of fresh. 

Esteemed Contributor

check the expiration dates on bottled garlic....i've read it isn't very long.....

Frequent Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch yes, I agree you need to use more jarred garlic because it's not as strong as fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried several in oil pre-chopped....... and none pack a punch.  So fun (NOT) to peel and then a clove slips out of fingers and falls down the garbage disposal.  GRRRRR

I find simple garlic powder easier and the flavor stays with the food better.

Honored Contributor

these are the two i use......

garlic tube italy.jpg

garlic tube.png

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Lay the garlic clove on a cutting board and whack it with the side of a big knife. The skin comes right off and the clove is smushed. Just go over it with the knife and it's minced. 

Honored Contributor

I use a LOT of garlic!   No way I want to peel and chop garlic!

For years, I used Goya brand but my supermarket stopped carrying it.  

Last year - I ordered (bulk order) from Amazon - the brand is Jackie's Kitchen.  I have 12 jars of it - it's very good.

I also bought a dozen jars of garlic paste . Rani brand.   Good when I'm making something like a spread that I want a smooth texture.