Trusted Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I've found the minced garlic in oil or water has very little taste and I do not care for it.  I use Spice World peeled garlic in comes in a vacuum sealed bad and is in the fresh vegetable section.  It is, already, peeled and ready to be chopped or minced or used whole cloves.  Lasts quite awhile in the refrigerator.  It's a pleasure!

images.jfif

@Mom in NY@Somertime  I don't care for garlic in the jar either.  I really like peeled garlic in the bag like you do except I keep it in the freezer.  It keeps forever and they thaw out in minutes when you need it..

Honored Contributor

I use garlic in everything! I buy the big jar of Kirkland minced garlic from Costco. It's the best! Very fresh and fragrant! I go to our local Costco (1 hour away} every few months and have to buy a jar every trip. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I've got a self-cleaning garlic press.

America's Test Kitchen is always touting Oxo brand kitchen implements. Oxo has one (around 18.00 on Amazon.)

Trusted Contributor

I use a lot of garlic and use fresh garlic with a garlic press.  Very easy!

Respected Contributor

Reading here feels so odd as I have never used anything but fresh garlic that I peel and chop.  I see the jars and tubes in the store but am too "old-school".  I don't think I've ever made a dish that called for more than 4 cloves and I wouldn't make such a recipe daily.  I can use up a head of garlic before it goes bad and not have garlic taking space in the refrigerator.

And I have a beautiful Polish Stoneward garlic keeper for the bulbs.

Trusted Contributor

@Free2be I have a stoneware garlic keeper too that works well!  For our Christmas Eve Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (garlic and oil) last month I minced 10-12 cloves of garlic Smiley Happy   It was good!