Valued Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock Question about Tabs Breaking

I purchased the jewel color set of 5 Tritan containers and they keep splintering, reviews now reveal that this is a common thing with these containers. I pamper these containers because they are perfect for me, I hand wash and never put in the microwave more than a minute. When they first splintered I got a replacement set from QVC, now the second set did the same thing and are no longer returnable. Even tho I love these containers, I am very surprised that qvc keeps selling these known defective containers!
I contacted Lock&Lock and got a return call 2 days later, their customer service was excellent and are sending out a replacement. I contacted them about 2 wks later to ask when I can expect the shipment, I was told it will be 4 weeks or more. That is a long time, but, I am happy that they are replacing. I just hope they do get delivered!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Frequent Contributor

I've never had a tab break off on my old ones.  I have a set of new round glass LnL and when I take one out of the freezer it can be difficult to break the seal.  Instead of tugging at the tab, I take a plastic bag clip (from Pampered Chef) and gently wedge the edge of it between the lid and the glass.  The thing immediately releases the suction on the lid.  It's working for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In all the years I've used Lock'nLock (20+) I've had only one tab break off.  I'm still using it on occasion.  It was one of the newer L&Ls.

FYI:  If you have trouble opening your container, just run warm water on the lid and it will open.  It appears the water releases the seal.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~