Respected Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock Question about Tabs Breaking

This is why I no longer purchase LnL  I've had multiple tabs snap off on different sets.  Once the tab is gone it is no longer air tight.  I use Rubbermaid Brilliance containers. Have been using them for a few years now. So much better then LnL.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for all of your help!

@LindaSal - I hand wash my Lock n Lock. I'm one of the weird ones who finds washing dishes by hand relaxing! LOL! But I don't hand wash EVERYTHING!

@sunshine45 and @RespectLife - TY for the details on how to contact L&L's CS!

@Caaareful Shopper - I'm glad you had good luck with them. I wouldn't care if it was a small one, but this one stays in the refrigerator holding grapes all of the time. I'm going to try to get another lid. You've given me hope!

@suzyQ3 - TY for telling me it's not airtight. I should have realized that! 

@Marp - I enjoyed learning the history of L&L. I've only been buying it the past 8 or so years, and I started out not having a lot.

@ECBG - Your Rubbermaid is really nice. That's what I WAS using, but mine was a lot older! My mom always used Rubbermaid, and my MIL introduced me to Tupperware. I have a few pieces for storage and still use the southwestern colored lunch plates I bought 30 years ago! I have some of my mom's and my own Rubbermaid. Most is well used and looks it, which is why I started with L&L! 

I will be giving them a call Monday. I hope they can come close to matching the pretty lime green I have, but I'll take any color they can give me!  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

What number do you call?  I have had several tabs to break (have many sets) over the years.  I usually find another use for the damaged ones, but have one bowl I would love to find a replacement lid for.  Thanks! 

Super Contributor

I've been using Lock n Lock for at least 10 years and I've only had one tab break - it was one my darling Schipperke snatched away to play with...

I still use it and I don't worry about the seal Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had one break off this morning, I was searching thru the freezer and a tiny LnL came crashing out the door and hit the floor, one tab broke off but its such a small container that it will be fine. It was a round container with 5 tabs anyway.  

Honored Contributor

@shellgirl 

844-527-9188
Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I guess I am the exception as I have never had a tab break & I have a lot of lock & Lock & use it everyday.

Contributor

Size of Lock n Lock makes no difference. I have tabs break off also. Just one on a piece. Searched the net to look for another brand and stayed with L n L. Another brand doesn't have tabs but because of it wouldn't keep container closed if it fell on floor. I end up putting it in recycle bin. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a couple of sets when they first starting selling them and I had the same problem with tabs breaking so I went back to Rubbermaid from Costco.