Honored Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock Question about Tabs Breaking

I bought two sets when they did the carousel version (had a drawer that you stored the lids in.  I've had so many tabs break off them, many went in the trash.

I did contact L&L by email and they requested the code number on the bottom of the containers, and the color.  I emailed back with the information.

That was last August and I've never heard from them since.  I'll be throwing out all of the ones with broken lids and sticking with Rubbermaid from now on.  The L&L was a total waste of money for me.

It seems some people get lucky with the CS and others don't.  Also, I thought they changed the warranty to a year some time ago?  And you needed your receipt.  Too much hassle.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

i would call and speak with them on the phone rather than email them.

i actually spoke with customer service yesterday regarding two of my tiny containers. she got the codes, noted the color i needed, and told me if they did not have that red in the lid that they would substitute a color that was close OR give me a clear lid. she said it would probably be 2 - 3 weeks, but COULD take up to 8 weeks.

no receipt necessary and still a lifetime warranty.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for posting!  I have a really old set, where 2 lids have broke.  And a new Tritan set, where the container cracked!  I liked the tritan when I first got it, but it broke within 2 month!  No dropping or anything, just seems brittle.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@RespectLife  @sunshine45  Another example of why I enjoy this forum so much -- your kindness and helpfulness.

Thank you both so much for the nudge, and phone number, to call L&L customer service for another lid.  L&L Could not have been nicer.   I gave them my contact information and the code on the inside of my glass container, and one new handle cover is on its way! 

UPDATE:

L&L told me it would take 3 weeks for the delivery of my new lid, but it has now been twice that time -- 6 weeks.  No lid yet.  I will make another call tomorrow..

Occasional Visitor

I also have lost tabs but only on the 8 oz small round ones.  Can you buy new tops for the containers? I bought them from QVC but have had them for years.

Thanks, Linda

Respected Contributor

I just had a couple of tabs break off this week from the same set and its probably 6 months old.

Honored Contributor

Broken tabs have been a thing for me too. and on fairly new containers. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Yes, It seems that it would be very frustrating for the tabs to break off. I've had all Lock & Lock containers for at least 20 years now. Its all I use. Nothing else. I have yet to have a tab break off of any of my containers! None. I am always amazed when I read that this is a common problem. I am not careful with mine, I just use them like any other household item. I just can't figure out why everyone has tab problems and I never have. Woman Indifferent

I agree.  I've had mine for ages and they are all fine.  I wish all of the tabs would fall off.  I want an excuse to replace them with glass storage containers.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Yes, It seems that it would be very frustrating for the tabs to break off. I've had all Lock & Lock containers for at least 20 years now. Its all I use. Nothing else. I have yet to have a tab break off of any of my containers! None. I am always amazed when I read that this is a common problem. I am not careful with mine, I just use them like any other household item. I just can't figure out why everyone has tab problems and I never have. Woman Indifferent

I agree.  I've had mine for ages and they are all fine.  I wish all of the tabs would fall off.  I want an excuse to replace them with glass storage containers.  Smiley Wink

@Bridgegal @ID2  The old ones were made much better than the newer ones, that's why you both have no problems. Yours are older.

Respected Contributor

I received a set with one of the lids having two tabs already broken.  The company replaced the lid, but it took over 2 months.

Since then I've had one tab break and have been unsuccessful - after repeated tries - in getting the lid replaced.