Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

In Oct. 2018 I ordered the Keurig mini TSV. By the end of March 2019 in no longer worked. I called Keurig dirrect and thet sent me a new one free of charge which I received in Apr. 2019. It's now the end of Dec. and that Keurig doesn't work. I again called Keurig and they are again sending me free of charge a replacement. He said I should only use Keurig pods. That;s not what we are told when demonstrated on QVC. Also, there are a whole bunch on non-Keurig pods out there. The one I like they don't even have, it's a half-caf/lite (Wegman's). Plus, Keurig pods are a lot pricier. Anyhow, do those of you that own Keurig's only use their pods or do you use another brand?

Ive had 2 stop working and only used Keurig K Cups.  Angry with myself I got fooled twice. Back to Mr Coffee,  Never again with the Keurig Mini maybe their other machines work better but the mini was a dud,

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 

I purchased a mini a year ago just before Christmas.  I always make my coffee in an old corning ware stove top percolator which makes superb coffee.  But I liked the idea of being able to make only one cup of coffee or hot tea or hot cider or hot cocoa as DH doesn't like coffee at all.  I thought the mini was a good answer at the holidays so that everyone can make what they would like without me making lots of different drinks on the stove top.  Our mini never made hot anything-room temp. at best.   Since I purchased thru the Q, I returned it.  So disappointed.  I just think there is a flaw in the later models of the mini.  Seems strange so many love their mini's,  and have had them for so long and yet the newer ones have been a disappointment.  

Honored Contributor

I've had my Keurig mini that I bought from QVC since 2013, never a problem using other pods, it's still going strong.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

In Oct. 2018 I ordered the Keurig mini TSV. By the end of March 2019 in no longer worked. I called Keurig dirrect and thet sent me a new one free of charge which I received in Apr. 2019. It's now the end of Dec. and that Keurig doesn't work. I again called Keurig and they are again sending me free of charge a replacement. He said I should only use Keurig pods. That;s not what we are told when demonstrated on QVC. Also, there are a whole bunch on non-Keurig pods out there. The one I like they don't even have, it's a half-caf/lite (Wegman's). Plus, Keurig pods are a lot pricier. Anyhow, do those of you that own Keurig's only use their pods or do you use another brand?

Why?  That really doesn't make any sense.  All the machine is doing is punching a hole in the top and bottom of the pods.