Honored Contributor

What Sweets Do You Have Leftover From Christmas?

I have marshmallow fudge, seven layer cookies, pecan butterscotch bars. white chocolate with vanilla pretzels (I won't be able to get the vanilla chocolate next year), and an AMAZING chocolate raspberry chocolate cake from Whole Foods.  (Apparently, WF has an amazing bakery counter!!!!!).

Little amounts of each, but.........

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Sweets Do You Have Leftover From Christmas?

I had to go and try Jill's peanut butter blossom cookies.    Not going to say they are better than other recipes, but I am eating them all. 

Honored Contributor

Macaroons dipped in chocolate ( my weakness ),  and half a box of chocolates. I gave away some of the cookies, and the rest are in the freezer. The chocolates, who knows ?  🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

None - zip

Not a sweets fan

Honored Contributor

Took all my sweets to friends.  Diabetes runs wild in our family.  Not with me, but others.

Honored Contributor

All we have are six pumpkin bars that I froze. Actually I made no candy or cookies this year, but people who brought desserts to our party said "keep some" and I did!

Honored Contributor

Sweets are rarely found here period.  

My family decides on the holiday menu, and a simple dessert, which was chocolate pie this year.  I cooked our food and the pie Christmas Eve, and by Christmas night the pie plate was empty.   

I just checked, and there are 5 mini candy bars in the lazy susan which were leftover from what I purchased to make treat bags for teacher daughters students.   

Honored Contributor

Two 1 pound boxes of See's candy.  My family in California doesn't seem to realize we can buy See's candy up here in the PNW!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Harry and David's peppermint bark.  Yummm........

OIP.jpg

And a Giardelli's basket that I haven't opened yet.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Two 1 pound boxes of See's candy.  My family in California doesn't seem to realize we can buy See's candy up here in the PNW!

@DiAnne Maybe they gifted you because they thought you might not treat yourself.Smiley Happy