Respected Contributor

Re: What Sweets Do You Have Leftover From Christmas?

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

It wasn't christmas, as he was out of town, but I made a dinner that Saturday.  I still am getting through the pumpkin pie and I also made some of my 'No Bake Cookies' that I love so much.  Those are running out and I feel compelled to make more, just because.  I keep them in a L&L in the refrigerator so I think they have a pretty good 'shelf life'.

Oh, also I received some gifts of those Danish butter cookies that come in a tin.  But they were generic ones and not so good.  I really love the real ones but the generic ones are generally disappointing.   I might end up just ditching some of those.   

My husband loves those Danish butter cookies.  As soon as they appear on the shelves at Christmas he has to buy a tin.   They aren't my favorites but I will occasionally eat one or two when I have my cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a half box of Ferraro Golden Galaxy chocolates, a few homemade sugar cookies, brownies with caramel drizzle, 3 Panettones, 2 tins of assorted Danish butter cookies, 1 tin of shortbreads...and a partridge in a pear tree. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

In the freezer I still have some fudge, gingerbread cake and a very small portion of a pumpkin pie.  Have a bit of turkey and dressing still in the freezer to so I see an upcoming Christmas night clean out coming soon.  Then onto Super Bowl planning time.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Too much.  Candy from gifts, a container of homemade cookies from my sister (yum). I’ll indulge in a few cookies.  The excess candy and one box of sams mini cheesecake bites are going to work tomorrow!!  They will be thrilled.

Honored Contributor

Cookies, lemon poppy seed and cranberry bread and Gianios dark choc. candies. The baked goods are in the freezer, but I have a candy dish out on my coffee table year round.

Respected Contributor

just have cookies leftover from christmas.

Honored Contributor

None!  Ate what I wanted and got rid of everything left over in the new year....who needs junk food to start 2020?

Respected Contributor

@ECBG My DS!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Gave away the inferior fruitcake and an unopened plum pudding plus all the tangelos. Turned back lots of chocolate in self-defense (giver wasn't sorry). Kept some of the good fruitcake, then made it disappear all by myself.

Honored Contributor

As of yesterday at noon all were given to our hard working maintenance golf course guys along with a nice tray of baked ziti w/meatballs, cheesy italian bread and goodies for dessert!

I was happy to get all the cookies, candy and sweets out of the house -- it just kept calling me😉