Respected Contributor

In Oct. 2018 I ordered the Keurig mini TSV. By the end of March 2019 in no longer worked. I called Keurig dirrect and thet sent me a new one free of charge which I received in Apr. 2019. It's now the end of Dec. and that Keurig doesn't work. I again called Keurig and they are again sending me free of charge a replacement. He said I should only use Keurig pods. That;s not what we are told when demonstrated on QVC. Also, there are a whole bunch on non-Keurig pods out there. The one I like they don't even have, it's a half-caf/lite (Wegman's). Plus, Keurig pods are a lot pricier. Anyhow, do those of you that own Keurig's only use their pods or do you use another brand?

Valued Contributor

I have a Keurig (not a mini) that I bought from Costco Nov. 2018. I've used many cups from Keurig, and a couple brands that weren't. I haven't had any problems with them at all. Nor have I had any problems with the machine.

Trusted Contributor

I only use Keurig pods in my mini that I've had forever.

Sorry you're having so much trouble.  I love mine.

Regular Contributor

We do not own a mini - have and do now own the larger machines - have also gotten replacement for free - we have had to return the pod holder that makes the coffee so they know you are not trying to fraud them. We do not not buy the Keurig pods as yes they are too expensive. We buy either Wegman's, BJ's or Costco, even though they do not have the selection of flavors that I like - you do have to clean out the machines when they tell you to. It is just the two of us, so I would say we use 95% for coffee only and maybe use 6 pods per day max.

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

My Mini is 6 years old - never a problem.  But I do use only Keurig pods.  

Honored Contributor

Did you read the reviews?  So many complaints about the Mini.  There are 4 Mini's on QVC's website.  Look at all of them.  

Honored Contributor

@catter70I have 2 of the mini's and both are over 10 years old.  I use them daily.  One comparison -  in all the years these mini's have survived, I've had to replace refrigerators in both homes and one of those seems to be on its way out. So frustrating no matter what the appliance.

I buy pods from lots of companies, so maybe I've been lucky.  I love the half-cafe idea.  The ones currently on my shelf are Green Mountain, but I all summer I used StopnShop store brand -  those were my introduction to the half-cafe pods.   I watch for sales wherever I shop; there's only me drinking coffee so I don't often buy hundreds at one time. 

Can't imagine why the brand makes a difference.  Wonder why they say that -  besides it's their bottom line, of course!  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I buy the half caf/lite pods and they are Wegman's brand. They are about $11.00 cheaper then the almost the same Keurig pods and that doesn't include their shipping cost. I buy the 72 count pack. I only drink one cup a day and clean the needle every day. I also only use bottled water  and run plain water thru it weekly. This will be the end for me if this one goes.

Super Contributor

I thought mine was broken after a few uses. turns out the 'sequence' was off. plug in, power on, then lift and put in a K cup (all work, I use any brand). works fine now. this was from the original offering, so its been over a year. 

before giving up, try using 'in order' so to speak. HTH

Respected Contributor

@catter70I purchased the Keurig  mini with the extra strong button . I did have trouble with it and called thier CS . I was thinking of returning but the first cs walked me through a couple of things = cleaning out the needle/washing out the pod holder /running water thru it / unplugging it-- then it worked great several more times. It got lazy after that and I called again .The second rep asked me what kind of pods I was using. I said Keurig and others. I think she was leading up to telling me to use only thiers and I went off with saying I had not seen anywhere that one was to only use thier product--- she stopped with that line. 

If anyone knows where in Keurig's advertising or QVC's demos it says to use only Keurig pods -- please post.

It has been working alright since then. I discovered on my own that the large button has to be pushed and held more than just a second. On mine that seems to make a difference , I have not had a glitch since doing that. I am going to keep an eye on the years time though and send it back if any more problems.

I do not want to as this is the only single serve I have owned that makes a truly hot cup of brew. 

Also it splashes more than any I have owned.