Honored Contributor

My friends have the full size Keurigs from 6 or 7 years ago and they use a variety of K cups and have had not problems at all.  Both my sister and I got our two years ago, we both use a variety of K cups.  I rarely use the Keurig ones.  Our Keurigs have been problem free.  I don't know how your Keurig malfunctioned but the K cup you use would not affect the functioning of the machine.  If it had any effect, it would just be the taste of the coffee.  It seems like you are doing something that is killing them but they keep replacing them so that's good.

Respected Contributor

No I use all different brands, but mine is not the Keurig mini.

Frequent Contributor

I bought my little Keurig from QVC so many years ago, it is at least 8 years old.  I have use K-Cups exclusively.  I do only use it 1 to 2 times per week.  With months going by with no use.  But it works as well as the day I bought it.  I just love them for a quick cup..I have even been contemplating getting the new mini.  But I think I will wait until this one stops working.  

Honored Contributor

Gave my DH a mini for Christmas - it was a TSV. I expect it to last a long time. If not, we won't replace it.

Trusted Contributor

I've used the personal brewer model for a few years now, no trouble except for a few times when moisture got inside and it wouldn't work. After those few times I always left it open to dry it out inside, have not had a problem since. It works great and I've used a number of brands of k-cups, bought on Keurig's website, and they've all been fine in the machine.

i just recently started using the mini plus to save counter space. It takes a little longer and makes more noise but it's amazing, and I love the strong brew button. Right now I'm using 8 o'clock Italian roast k-cups. Again, no problem.

have you tried using the my k-cup with your mini? It should work because they've been sold together!

Honored Contributor

I've only owned Keurig minis. It skeeves me out using one that stores old water. Yuk. We have well water and as long as we do a vinegar cleanse once a month, my machine will last forever. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Keurig mini

[ Edited ]

Use all types of pods in my Keurig, never a problem and have had it for 3 or 4 years now.  I also use plain tap water.  However, mine is not a mini.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 I trouble with my mini only if the water was too cold. So I use room temp water and it works just fine. Keurig never helped me with this , and I probably could have kept my old mini , but It drove me nuts on garbage day a few years back and I thru it out. I never did think to call keurig more than once. Maybe it's just the temperature of the water or the pin needs cleaned especially if you used your maker for hot cocoa or anything sweet. The pin must be washed off.Both the k-cup holder and the the pin attached to the maker. But I still really like my mini and will always have one.I been thinking about trying the cooks essential mini one cup but just don't want to buy regular coffee it goes stale.. We did have a store that had individual bags of coffee but they since have closed. Have some left but once that's gone I have to purchase a small bag of coffee, I can't keep that fresh no matter what. So still in limbo. Pods are so great and convenient.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops Maybe off brands are murky and clogged the puncure pin after a while. I only buy keurig brand and never had a problem, only once or twice had the pods explode when punchured , so I shake the pod before I put into the holder.And it must have helped it never exploded anymore.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouI have no memory of the brand of the one pod that exploded, but after that I've kept a straight pin near my Kcups.  I put a tiny hole in the lid if one looks slightly puffed up.   Will try your method next time.