Trusted Contributor

Re: How Much Spice (Hot) Do you Like In Food?

[ Edited ]

I'm with those of you that like just a little bit of spice, or just a little bit of heat.

I do like some spice or some zippiness or hotness, but on the mild side.

I like mild salsa too, for example.

I don't like it when something burns my tongue, and where I then start to lose the taste of the food, and it becomes too/so hot where I then can't enjoy it anymore.

I like a bit of red pepper or chili pepper in my food, at times.

If I use any hot sauce in a recipe, I will adjust it to just a small drop.

I like to use red pepper flakes in my chicken soup to help my sinuses when I'm not feeling well. That will really help. 

Hi @momtochloe,

I had to laugh at your comment about "having the paramedics on speed dial!" LOL!! Smiley LOL Heart

Trusted Contributor

Lots!  We grow our own jalapeno peppers and let them turn red on the vine.  Much hotter than the green ones you buy in the store.  We also grow habanero peppers.  Now those are HOT!!!!

Regular Contributor

I like a lot.  My surgically altered stomach does not.  Nowadays, it usually wins.

Honored Contributor

@Leu wrote:

I like flavor, not heat. I don't use or keep regular black pepper in my kitchen because I find it too hot. I do use ancho chile powder in many dishes because it gives flavor with the teeniest amount of heat. DH likes things spicy, so he keeps various hot sauces around.

@LeuThat's us too.  I just can't!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bring it! I dearly love spicy food! Especially the really hot wings. Yum. I love to experiment with hot sauces, too. DH can't eat it, so when I do play, I usually do it alone, although one of my friends will come over for dinner when he knows I'm doing hot wings. 

I'm 61 now and I expect that in the next few years, maybe things will start to change. But I hope not because I really like the heat. I have never had heartburn or indigestion of anything like that.

(Several years ago, one of my co-workers brought a jar of hot-pickled cauliflower into work. Another of my co-workers, who really loves hot foods, sat there and drank the liquid from the jar. The tears rolled down his face and the sweat bubbled up. But he drank the entire thing. I can say that the cauliflower was excellent; my co-worker got to the liquid before I did! I would have tried it.)

Honored Contributor

I like spicy food, but not hot food

Trusted Contributor

ouch............hot food burns my mouth.  i'm a wimp too !

give me sugary sweet anyday.