Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Use Your Food Processer??

I have an 11 cup Cuisinart---I don't use it much but would miss it when I needed it. 

Respected Contributor

Don't laugh, we have a Panasonic, really.  We bought it 30 yrs ago and still works perfectly. Of course we only use it once a year to make basil pesto!! Lo lol! 

Honored Contributor

I have a Cuisinart that I've had for decades and used it a fair amount for a long time but haven't used it in a few years.  It's an excellent machine but it's just about how much less I cook things with a lot of prep these days.

Honored Contributor

I have the 11 cup KA still in the box🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️bought during the pandemic.   Guess you could call it a "impulse" buy.

For everyday jobs I use my 2c Pull n Chop by Kuhn Rikon.  Love this little chopper.

I also have the Cuisinart 4c chopper for many years and mostly use it for when needing bigger amounts for things like potato or mac salad.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Same as @Effie54  I do love the one I have, but it is such a pain to clean, that I only use it for shredding carrots, making cheesecake filling, and maybe a couple of other uses.  Because I use it so seldom (but am glad I have it when I need it), I bought an inexpensive Hamilton Beach 14-cup Big Mouth.  I got it on Amazon.  It works very well.  I can't see paying more for something that is stored 99% of the time.

@Ainhisg @Effie54 

In so many videos, they say they are dishwasher safe.  We use so much silverware, I run the dishwasher often.

Is using the dishwasher an issue please?

Respected Contributor

I have two Cuisinarts.  One is 7 cup; I don't use that often - only when I have to slice or chop A LOT.  I use my "mini-chop" several days a week.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I have had a Cuisinart since they first hit the market in the US in the 1970s.  I would not want to be without it.  In that entire time I have had three machines, all used a lot.

The first one died after close to 30 years, the next one was a big one that is still going and a real workhorse, and the third is smaller, lighter, kept under the counter in the kitchen.  It has a dicer that we hardly ever have used, but we use the chopping mixing blade, the grater and the slicer a lot.  They are NOT difficult to clean and can go in the dish washer. 

My favorite is the 11 or 14 cup DLC models, the ones with the push down keys not the keypad type things.  Get a good one with the blades you need and it's hard to go wrong.  They aren't that expensive now.

My mom bought a whole series of cheaper models that were crummy, hard to use and hard to clean and didn't work well.  I finally gave her our first one and she used it for a long long time and loved it until it finally quit. 

Honored Contributor

I use mine about once every 5+ years when I make a cheesecake.  Just dump everything in and let it whirl.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I got one for a wedding present 40+ years ago and never used it.  Lived this long without one, don't think I'll ever need one--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I know you cook and bake a lot.  Do you use a processer a lot for cooking prep?