Respected Contributor

Re: Help-Remove Ink from Plastic Table

@MziMac Those individuals don't take care of things like that. Our chemicals are tightly controlled due to being a prison. It was a great thought though. Even when I taught public school, they didn't have anything in the school to remove it. Chemicals in schools are even tighter controlled. Our schools are not allowed to have bleach. Figure that.
Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss

Please let us know how you make out : )

Respected Contributor

I'm going to try the alcohol routine. I may be able to find a pump spray hair spray. I also ready that ammonia allowed to sit for a bit would work, so I'll try that too. I need to get more Magic Erasers too for my regular cleaning of things. I think I'll also bring in a microfiber cloth for cleaning it up too. We don't really have cloths at work for wiping things down. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday when I get to work and have time to scrub away.
Respected Contributor

I'd try acetone, which I think is still in nail polish remover, if the ammonia fails. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss  old fashioned cheap hairspray is the standard cleaning agent for ballpoint ink. I pickup 2oz non-aerosol bottles in the 'sample size' bins. But you didn't specify ballpoint ink.

I recommend Goo-gone. Follow directions. Wipe with plain white cotton terrycloth rag. You may want to pick up a nailbrush at the dollar store for scrubbing the goo-gone into the textured surface. 

Respected Contributor

Alcohol,  acetone nail polish remover, bleach or a cleanser containing bleach. I never tried hair spray.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann  I'll pick up some of that as well!  I'll have 3 things to try to remove the ink.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge I'll try the Goo-Gone too. That will be four things to try. I'll also try to find a nail brush to go with it. Between those four things, one of them has to work!
Esteemed Contributor

I have had some luck with first using a simple ink eraser then a few drops of Dawn (blue) on a microfiber cleaning cloth. You may have to do it a few times.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss, I'm so sorry.

I posted after being awake all night and I was too tired (lazy) to get up and check my stain removal book and the Goo-gone label before I wrote my earlier reply.

Its NOT hairspray for ballpoint ink. Its acetone (nail polish remover), or alternatively, rubbing alcohol. 

Oddly, trying to wash it off with detergent and water may set the ink stain. 

Further, the Goo-gone, which is good for so many things, doesn’t mentioned ink removal on the label.

I feel so awful for passing on wrong information and being sleep deprived was no excuse.  Sorry.