Respected Contributor

I like the plastic OXO ones that you can view from the top to see the measurement. I run them through the DW and they are getting cloudy. I don't care though. I'm not going to wash them by hand. I've already used them many years and got the good out of them.

I will buy new ones when these are unusable.

If I had an antique one, I'd probably wash it by hand or not use it at all.

Respected Contributor

I still have the Pyrex 2-cup glass measuring cup that I bought exactly 46 years ago this month, when I moved into my first apt. Just goes to show you what a quality product it is, especially considering how many times I used to move when I was younger.

I did notice a couple of years ago that the red markings were starting to fade, so I've retired it to being a kitchen vase for flowers since it's now a sentimental item to me. Although I did not have a dishwasher and microwave for the first 20 years of owning this cup, I do suspect that putting the cup in the m/w & washing it in the d/w contributed to the fading of the markings.

Esteemed Contributor

I have (2) one cup and (1) two cup Pyrex measuring cups. I believe the dishwasher is not their friend. I can't tell you how old mine are, but they look brand new.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for the answers and for the discussion! Smile

That must be it - I do put it in the dishwasher and the microwave. Oh, well. I'll just keep buying newer ones. I never knew those two appliances could do that damage! VCamp - just have to tell you what a great idea to use your older one as a kitchen vase!

Respected Contributor
On 5/24/2014 D Oro said:

I use an Italian glass measuring glass. Amici Dostatore Measuring Jar. I never put it in either the dishwasher or the microwave. There is no painting on it just raised measurements. I wish I could find another one just like it but half the size maybe.

D'Oro, I just checked Amazon.com and they show 2 Amici Dostatore Measuring Jars. Both are 26 oz. One is $14.76, the other $16.99. You may want to take a look at them if that's the size you're looking for.

Honored Contributor
On 5/27/2014 mima said:

I like the plastic OXO ones that you can view from the top to see the measurement. I run them through the DW and they are getting cloudy. I don't care though. I'm not going to wash them by hand. I've already used them many years and got the good out of them.

I will buy new ones when these are unusable.

If I had an antique one, I'd probably wash it by hand or not use it at all.

Leni-Shine (the Original) will help to prevent cloudiness on plastic and glass items and keep your dishwasher clean. I've been using it for years now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland