New Contributor

Anyone know if they are considering making an 18" dispenser for foil? I need one bad!! The 14" for plastic wrap dispenser is a life changer!! No more fighting with the plastic wrap!! Yipeee!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My Product Recommendations
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wrapmaster foil dispenser

QVC has shown them (for aluminum foil) for years and years. Did you check their inventory?

New Contributor

They don't have the 18"" for anything....just the 14"". thnx!

Honored Contributor

Before you buy a Wrapmaster for foil, are you tucking in the ends of the box to keep the roll in place? That may (or may not) eliminate the need for one. It won't help you if your issue is the sharp tearing teeth, but will help if your issue is the roll popping out of the box.

I don't think I'd get a Wrapmaster for foil, but it looks really useful for clingy plastic wrap. That stuff is such a hassle!

Here's a video showing how to use the side tabs on the box to keep the roll in place. (He tears with the box open, but I always push the lid down when I tear so that I can't cut my fingers.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGiPh_UPzEw

Respected Contributor

I use a kenkut dispenser. It was expensive, but worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Kenkut-Plastic-Film-Foil-Dispenser/dp/B004I3VSPQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=140087...

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I've really never felt the need for using this for aluminum foil. I don't have problems getting the foil off the roll, in the box. But I only use heavy-duty, so maybe that one is easier. I also hold out to get the one that is the regular length because I have a drawer into which all those fit well. The only long one I get is the Reynold's Parchment.

I'd be surprised if they came out with a longer one, though. That would be a pretty narrow market and to sell stuff on tv it needs to be way more widely desired than one might think.

I use that one that is shown for cellophane wrap. It makes it moderately easier to use the wrap, as opposed to pulling it from the box. But it's not the 'best thing ever' kind of thing that they would have you think.

Their presentations are amusing, though. They make it like there is no possible way that a mere human could ever pull any kind of wrap out of a box (like we all did for decades). hehe - it is funny how somebody will always grab a box and make a big mess out of it 'trying' to pull out the wrap. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We have an old (when it was sold on the ""Southern Channel"") Wrapmaster for foil. We love it as much as we do the Wrapmaster for the plastic wrap. Both products make dispensing easy.

Trusted Contributor

I use a lot of plastic wrap, foil, parchment and wax paper. I have a deep drawer that holds all of these products, plus crock liners, etc. If I put them all in dispensers, they would never fit. I never realized that people had problems using this stuff, until I saw the ads for the dispensers!

Honored Contributor

I also use a lot of plastic wrap, foil, parchment, etc., and have the same issue with the dispenser not fitting in with the others (I have a hanging rack type thing inside the cabinet door under the sink), but I would like one for plastic wrap only. I will need to find another spot to keep it, maybe room in the silverware drawer. Q seems to have a good price, except the s&h, of course.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I only use Reynolds Wrappers. Box of 25 at Dollar Tree. Haven't used a roll of foil in years.