Did you make this up?

Super Contributor

Re: May 27 Today is NATIONAL GRAPE POPSICLE DAY

I don't like grape.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Barbarainnc said:

So, go buy some and enjoy!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks! Now I am so craving a grape popsicle! In one quick post you brought me back to my childhood. We used to always get grape and split them and share them! Is anyone old enough to remember the technique? A bunch of us would play at the neighborhood playground. There was a corner store (why are they always corner stores?!) that sold penny candy, popsicles, etc. There were a few benches and picnic tables in the shade in the park. You would take the wrapped popsicle and line the middle up on the edge of the table and WHACK...2 halves. One for you, one to share!

Gloria

Respected Contributor

I dislike the grape ones so much that I throw those away. I love when I can find a variety pack that does not include grape.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Gloria said:
On 5/27/2014 Barbarainnc said:

So, go buy some and enjoy!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks! Now I am so craving a grape popsicle! In one quick post you brought me back to my childhood. We used to always get grape and split them and share them! Is anyone old enough to remember the technique? A bunch of us would play at the neighborhood playground. There was a corner store (why are they always corner stores?!) that sold penny candy, popsicles, etc. There were a few benches and picnic tables in the shade in the park. You would take the wrapped popsicle and line the middle up on the edge of the table and WHACK...2 halves. One for you, one to share!

Gloria

Yes, Gloria, I remember those days. Grape and cherry were my favorites. We called them twinsicles. To this day, I never liked holding the wooden popsicle stick in my hand-- always had to have a napkin or piece of paper between the stick and my fingers. {#emotions_dlg.bored} It has the same effect on me that fingernails on a blackboard (now green boards) have on some.

Respected Contributor

Nope, I didn't make this up. Today is really National Grape Popsicle Day. There is a site that lists the foodie item of the day. so I try to post everyday. Hope you enjoy.

Tomorrow is special.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I like popsicle.

Super Contributor

I like grapes, but prefer the red, white and blue "bomb pops". What day is that?