Trusted Contributor

I have a big pyrex one that's like 8 cups? But I never use it. Somewhere along the way I bought an Anchor Hocking 2 cup measuring cup with black lettering; it doesn't peel.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 kutira said:

I have a big pyrex one that's like 8 cups? But I never use it. Somewhere along the way I bought an Anchor Hocking 2 cup measuring cup with black lettering; it doesn't peel.

Black lettering is unusual. I think the black lettering is easier to read than red.

Respected Contributor
On 5/23/2014 shoekitty said:

Oh, I really like this.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor
On 5/23/2014 chickenbutt said:

It might be the dishwasher

I'm sure of it.

Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 Mistic said:

Oh, I really like this.

I like this too - pour spouts in every direction. I put my pyrex in the microwave but hand wash it. No dishwasher. Mine is over 20 years old. Paint is still on.
Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 ennui1 said:

It might be the dishwasher

I'm sure of it.

I also think it's the dishwasher.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 Yahooey said:
On 5/23/2014 Mistic said:

Oh, I really like this.

I like this too - pour spouts in every direction. I put my pyrex in the microwave but hand wash it. No dishwasher. Mine is over 20 years old. Paint is still on.

This one is on eBay now. It is identical to mine. I love the 3 pour spouts, and the raised lettering is really nice, and PRACTICAL! I have 3, one is a cup and a half, the other 2 are one cup. Any old glass product, should never be put in dishwasher. The dishwasher can etch the glass, and eventually cloud it., Mine is still nice and clear. I have vintage Russel Wright glasses, and vintage Fiesta glasses. I also have many Hazel Atlas tumblers that were once peanut butter jars. I made the mistake of washing the tumblers in dishewasher in the beginning, and the clouded up. Thankfully, I used only 2 or 3 all the time, and kept the others stored!

Honored Contributor

The older ones are better, I have mine for years. Check ebay for an older one.

Honored Contributor

I have some of the older Pyrex ones - from when they had full handles (for some reason I find the open handles unappealing). Anyway, mine are practically antique at this point and are all fully labeled still. BUT, I don't use them in the microwave and I don't put them in the dishwasher.

It might be the dishwasher, if you do that, because that will eventually destroy the writing. I have some old Tupperware ones (the set that has a 1c and 2c, and the 1c fits into the top of the 2c) and they are pretty bad. I used to put them in the dishwasher and I think that's why. Too bad I cannot find those anymore because I'd buy a new set and not put them in the dishwasher so they'd last better. I use them a lot, and really like them.

Yep, it is the dishwasher that does the damage. I don't think microwave helps either.

Respected Contributor

I have new and old, microwave and dish wash them. I've never had them flake. Scrubbing them with scratch pads maybe?

I love that one shoekitty. It would be handy.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*