Honored Contributor

go on sale this weekend here in my part of Tx.

Guess I'll get couple boxes of thin mints

Not sure of the price don't guess it matters if you want 'em. LOL

Valued Contributor

Just bought 7 boxes...they are $5 each.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE Thanks. Il  be avoiding them.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Carol Diane for the prices.  I still have cookies in the freezer from last year but always "support the troops".  It's nice to know how much I will spend in advance!

Valued Contributor

@wildlifewitch, it's my granddaughter selling them so I can't possibly avoid buying them...I have to support her troop!!!

Honored Contributor

We buy our fair share every year. I love thin mints too.

Anything new this year?

Honored Contributor

My oldest granddaughter is now 16.  She's been a Brownie and Girl Scout (like her mom was) for many years.

Every year I buy a case of them (mostly thin mints).  I give them to friends who do nice things for me.  Like people at the bank and neighbors, etc.

Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@wildlifewitch, it's my granddaughter selling them so I can't possibly avoid buying them...I have to support her troop!!!

I used to volunteer at a food bank.  Grandmothers used to donate cases of Girl Scout cookies that they did not want to eat!

Honored Contributor

We purchase the cookies and donate them. The animal shelter volunteers love them. 

Honored Contributor

I just texted my daughter and she said my granddaughter wasn't selling the cookies so maybe she can still 'hook me up' to who is selling them.

I know there are places where the girls set up their carts to sell them, but it's usually on the weekends and I don't go out during the week.

It's getting harder and harder to find the things these days.  Mom's just don't want to deal with them.

I remember when my girls were Brownies.  It was a pain in the fanny.  I ended up having so many cases of them.  There were cookies everywhere in the house.  We'd only eat thin mints so I'd be feeding my husband all of these cookies (he loved cookies and milk).

He'd say, "But I don't even like this kind".  I would say, "I can't sell them so you bought them....be quiet and eat them with your milk".  Ha!  He was a good boy and ate them!