Honored Contributor

Temptations' food stylists.....

[ Edited ]

I like Temptations products, and I hope this thread is not perceived as a bash of any kind, but I'm always impressed at how unappetizing the food dishes are during Tara's presentations.  Does QVC use the same food stylists for all the products, or does each vendor have its own stylists?

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.29.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.28.14 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations' food stylists.....

I wonder if the pictures are of store prepared foods put in the temptations, versus the food actually being prepared from scratch.  

Super Contributor

What in the world is that red hump looking thing in the large heart shape bowl in the top picture? 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - Some of the things you've shared from tonight's ITKWD are certainly unattractive, but in general, I think the food in Temp-tations presentations tends to be very nicely styled. I know the Temp-tations team has its own stylists because Tara or Lisa will often make a note about a special cake that one of the team members has made (interestingly, I believe one of them is named David) or a recipe that one of them suggested for a particular TT dish. However, I'm guessing that there may be times when the Q's staff of stylists pitches in as well since TT is on ALL THE TIME.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

What in the world is that red hump looking thing in the large heart shape bowl in the top picture? 

Your guess is as good as mine. I was watching on my laptop with the sound muted, because DH was watching something else on the t.v.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

sick of that stuff. Poor David must see that stuff in his sleep.

Vitamix & temptations sure not a temptation for me.

Valued Contributor

@06greatwife

That red hump is a smaller cake on top of another cake baked in the heart shaped TT bowls. Then it looks like small chocolate hearts decorating the outside. I didn't know what it was either until Tara mentioned it in the presentation.

cookin

Respected Contributor

I don't often watch but have observed when Tara scoops into a casserole to show how it doesn't stick to the bottom, the consistency is always what I would describe as very goopy, without texture of ingredients, and unappetizing.

Respected Contributor

I envision these pictures to show up one day in the future, much like we have shared and laughed at the photos of those weird jello and aspic molds from the '40's and '50's!!!

Trusted Contributor

To me, some food looks good and some looks bad across the board in the different cooking segments.  In particular to Temp-tations, I noticed some really bad looking nachos in a presentation just the other day.  They didn't even look like nachos!

But, I have to say, after watching the different shopping channels' cooking segments, I think the Q has the best out of all of them!