Honored Contributor

Re: Girl Scout cookies

[ Edited ]

This past Sunday, bought a case of thin mints.  Ate a whole box before putting the rest in the freezer.   I like to eat the thin mints while frozen.

And before anyone else asks, the whole case is FOR ME ONLY!  I do not "give away" my thin mints.icon_coffee.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout in the 50's and if I am remembering correctly, the price back then was  40 cents a box.  Probably more cookies in a box, too.

Contributor

I don't understand the excitement over Girl  Scout cookies. They taste like any other cookie that's not homemade. 

Honored Contributor

@The Odd One

Can you recommend someone who makes "homemade" thin mints?  I will be forever thankful.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@The Odd One wrote:

I don't understand the excitement over Girl  Scout cookies. They taste like any other cookie that's not homemade. 

I don't either. The ONLY cookies I eat are homemade, which have much BETTER ingredients than what is found in Girl Scout cookies. They're NO better than store bought cookies.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

This past Sunday, bought a case of thin mints.  Ate a whole box before putting the rest in the freezer.   I like to eat the thin mints while frozen.

And before anyone else asks, the whole case is FOR ME ONLY!  I do not "give away" my thin mints.icon_coffee.gif

@Mz iMac  That’s exactly what I do. Love me some frozen Thin Mints!  I just placed my order with the girls who live across the street. Mom was walking door to door with them. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 wrote:

I always bought & sold tons in my day when we went out & took orders. Now they don't do that you have to track them down. Last year it was in the paper they would be at a place & the time so I went & no one was there. The laziness of todays kids is nuts. Then they need their mom there because they can't figure out what you owe or the change you should get back. So not going to hunt for them anymore. Cookies are too expensive anyway.

@CLHS68

Pretty harsh comment about the Girl Scouts.  And, your reasons why you d not support them.

And,  for those who complain that the cookies do not taste “homemade” , or are “too expensive”, I think those kind of people are missing the point.   It’s about supporting the Girl Scouts, and the principles they instill in girls.  I consider the cost of a box of cookies as a small donation to the Girl Scouts.  If you do not like the cookies,  give them to someone who does.  There are many.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@SharkE Thanks. Il  be avoiding them.

@wildlifewitch

Why?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just bought some more tonight (DH bought a couple boxes a week ago).

The ones we bought (Thin Mints, Trefoils, Samoas) were $4 a box. I asked the person selling them about the price - that I had read online that they were $5 this year. She said only 2 varieties were $5 (I can't remember which ones they were) and there were slightly more cookies in those boxes. Most types are $4. (We live in Texas if that matters, but I don't think it does.)

Eating some Trefoils right now!

Regular Contributor
@peachesncream - Wow, so most of yours are $4? Here, (KY) most of them are $5 and the new gluten free toffee flavored ones are $6. Hubby & I buy from one of our students every year. We see the “knock-offs” @ Aldi, but we never get them. We wouldn’t be able to control ourselves, lol.