Honored Contributor
My husband loves the free samples too, but due to food allergies, I never try them.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/15/2014 denisemb said:

My co-worker and I used to refer to sample day as the "Sam's Club Buffet". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That's funny!

Last month, Mom and I went to BJs on a Tuesday afternoon. We went there for the samples and they didn't have any! The next day, we went to Costco and made up for the day before {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/15/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 11/15/2014 denisemb said:

My co-worker and I used to refer to sample day as the "Sam's Club Buffet". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

yup.......i was at sams club today and i had my "lunch" there. LOL.....lot of good stuff today!

by the way, one of the samples were "little smokies". they were put into a mixture of equal parts strawberry jam and bbq sauce and heated in a electric skillet. they would make great appetizers and they were delicious and so easy to prepare.

One of my coworkers makes swedish meatballs with grape jelly and ketchup. It sounds disgusting but it tastes very good! He brings them to the Christmas potluck.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I've done the meatballs with grape jelly, chili sauce with a little worcestershire sauce & garlic - yes, it sounds weird, but they're very good and you can doctor them up to your taste. I've heard of people using cranberry sauce and chili sauce, too. It's kind of a cross between BBQ and sweet & sour.

We tend to go to Sam's Club early with our business membership, so miss out on the buffet. Wink

Denise
Honored Contributor

Usually I don't. Free food is still in your daily calorie count!

Respected Contributor

At the school I work at when they really want parents to come. They offer free food. What a big difference in turnout. It's sad.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor
On 11/15/2014 Colonel Meow said:

"Free" is the operative word here, whether referring to food or anything else. Some folks find the allure of that word all too tempting. Have you seen that gag where a bowl of rocks is left out with a sign reading, "Free rocks. Take one."? LOL - you'd think the bowl held free diamonds with the way folks took advantage of it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I agree...did you see how fast all of us opened this thread when we saw the title, "FREE FOOD?" lol....

Super Contributor

Where I work there is occasionally food left over from meetings. Once an email blast goes out that the food is available for anyone to take, there is a virtual stampede. LOL.

Super Contributor

I used to work at Whole Foods. We always put out free samples. Usually around the holidays there were always free cookies and I've seen people take around half a dozen or more, then get a coffee and sit down. We had to put a sign 'one per customer' but that didn't always work. The gluttony of people can be a real turnoff. I've also seen people pick up something and then put it back. I avoid free samples.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely if ever take a sample....even when the deli person offers a sample of something I am purchasing....I have a pretty sensitive stomach....I don't want that sample to make me ill and I am forced to go home....

I use to work in a market and the sample lady would have to tell some of the people they couldn't continually take samples.....some people have no shame....