Honored Contributor

😂 Don’t Judge Me ! 😂

I was cutting up the strawberries for tomorrow's dessert and decided that my dinner would be strawberry shortcake. I'm really just testing to make sure the quality is good for my guests. LOL Anyway the shortcake passed the test and it was a fine dinner .🍓 For those mature enough to wait for tomorrow, Happy . Easter ! 🐰🐣🐰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: 😂 Don’t Judge Me ! 😂

I guess I'm not very mature as I would do the same thing.  I love strawberry shortcake.  Envious.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Yum now I want one lol.

Did you use the little round spongcake from the store or pound cake?

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was cutting up the strawberries for tomorrow's dessert and decided that my dinner would be strawberry shortcake. I'm really just testing to make sure the quality is good for my guests. LOL Anyway the shortcake passed the test and it was a fine dinner .🍓 For those mature enough to wait for tomorrow, Happy . Easter ! 🐰🐣🐰

@QVCkitty1 

Being a sensible person, I'd add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream to the strawberrry shortcake.  I have to make sure I get a serving of dairy, after all.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Being a sensible person, I'd add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream to the strawberrry shortcake.  I have to make sure I get a serving of dairy, after all.  lol

@Tinkrbl44 , Shoot, that's what it was missing !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Yum now I want one lol.

Did you use the little round spongcake from the store or pound cake?

@rockygems123  Biscuits ! For me it's the only choice. 

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

😂 I would LOVE❤ a "dinner" like that! Who needs dessert?😂 I think it is always wise to do a test run with some desserts when you will have guests! Now you know they will likely LOVE❤ it.😁 I hope dinner will be a success for you!🤞 Glad you enjoyed your dinner!🥰

Happy Easter!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

Woman LOLWoman LOLHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

Now I want strawberry shortcake. 😉

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I just made strawberry jello shortcake for my family.  It's been years since I made it so they will be surprised!

Essentially you take a store bought angel food cake, put it in a round plastic bowl with a lid that is big enough to accommodate the cake with a ring of jello around it.  

Poke holes in the top of the cake.  Mix a large box of strawberry jello per directions.  (I use 2 because we like jello).  Pour jello over the top of the cake to create the poke cake effect.  I added cut up strawberries to the last of the jello and poured it into the center and around the sides.  Cover and refrigerate.  

To serve, remove lid and slice thru the jello and cake, then top with Cool Whip.  This dessert never lasts long with my family.