Occasional Contributor

Re: Debbie Meyer Green Boxes

Agree!   In addition to veggies, I use mine for my homemade bread and rolls. 

Honored Contributor

@whiteghost44 wrote:

Agree!   In addition to veggies, I use mine for my homemade bread and rolls. 

Do you use the bags or boxes?

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I've bought several of them over the years.  I used to keep buying them (different sizes) and they never worked for me.

It would be frustrating because I'd have to make room in my refrigerator for these 'boxes' and then it didn't make any difference in the food.

It would go bad at about the same amount of time.

I,he had mine for over 10 years and they sti!l work

Esteemed Contributor

@Ilovetea 

@Ilovetea wrote:

I saw these at Burlington last week for $14

I tried the cheaper one at BBB and they don,t work like Debbie Meyers.  My boxes have worked for years.  Maybe not always, but in most cases, you get what you pay for.

Honored Contributor

I bought the boxes this year and I was always so skeptical.  They work great.  I have had parsley that lasts a lot more than a month; same with carrots, etc.  I'm going to try some of the bags because the boxes create a storage problem when they aren't in use.  

Valued Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Ilovetea 

@Ilovetea wrote:

I saw these at Burlington last week for $14

I tried the cheaper one at BBB and they don,t work like Debbie Meyers.  My boxes have worked for years.  Maybe not always, but in most cases, you get what you pay for.

It was the actual Debbie Meyers brand that I saw at Burlington. They get Scanpan, Le Creuset and some big name stuff as well. If the Debbie Meyers stuff works I may need to try it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used her boxes and bags and have been pleased with how they handle food.  Use bags for veges and breads.  My only complaint is the edge of some of the snap on box tops split easily so I am careful using the tops.