Valued Contributor

I need a new Keurig

[ Edited ]

Well, my 6 year old Keurig personal brewer finally bit the dust. RIP. I am currently using a 5 cup drip, but would like a new Keurig. Problem is the new ones don't seem to have great reviews. I liked the idea of the recently shown smaller footprint version, but bad reviews scared me off. I need suggestions for a new brewer. Doesn't even need to be a Keurig as long as it uses K-cups. Or owners of the smaller version, do you like it? Thanks for any replies.

Valued Contributor

I have the small Keurig that was a TSV. I really like it. You add water for each cup which I like. The coffee is very hot and delicious. It takes up very little space. I highly recommend it. It is also less expensive!.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Well, my 6 year old Keurig personal brewer finally bit the dust. RIP. I am currently using a 5 cup drip, but would like a new Keurig. Problem is the new ones don't seem to have great reviews. I liked the idea of the recently shown smaller footprint version, but bad reviews scared me off. I need suggestions for a new brewer. Doesn't even need to be a Keurig as long as it uses K-cups. Or owners of the smaller version, do you like it? Thanks fro any replies.

I have the newest model, the Elite which I purchased brand new on Ebay for $80.00.  It is the best Keurig that I have owned.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Re: I need a new Keurig

[ Edited ]

I have one I recently purchased on the Q, it has a slim profile and is a single cup brewer.  The resevoir is removable, but I just bring the water to the brewer and poor it in, less likely to spill it that way.  It isn't as fast as my multi-cup brewer, but it doesn't have that code reader that only lets you brew "approved" k-cups, so I can live with the slower speed.  It does brew at 192F, hotter than my old single-cup, which I donated, and also has a strong setting, so it's good for flavored k-cups as well.  I will look up the item number, come back, edit this post, and give it to you, Sestra44.  Okay, the item number is K49111.  I also thought of one more thing, this isn't the most quiet Keurig I've ever owned, but I can live with it, it doesn't drown out the radio or anything.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the TSV Keurig mini that was offered last Nov., I think it was. It died on me in March. Since the 30 day return was past on QVC, I called Keurig directly and I had a new Keurig at no cost to me within 4 days and was told to toss the old one.So far, so good. I only drink one cup of coffee a day and this mini works well for my needs.It only takes a couple of minutes to make a cup. I'm hoping it continues to work better than the first one.

Trusted Contributor

@LisaMofSLC 

I have the Keurig Mini+ that was a TSV last fall. Since I seldom drink more than 1 cup a day it’s perfect for me. And I love the fact that no water sits in the tank-what you put in comes right out. I always wonder what the inside of those water ranks look like-yuk!

Anyhow I like the Keurig but if anything happens to it I would get a Hamilton Beach Flex Brew. That uses K-cups and also has a side where you can brew a pot of coffee. That would be nice for days when you have guests or just need more coffee.

Regular Contributor

Hi!

I love the Bunn MyCafe individual. It’s small, uses tap water, and quiet.

You can use Kcups, ground coffee, ten bags or tea leaves.

It makes good, hot coffee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker with MyKCup that was TSV last fall and I am as happy as can be. I make 1 or 2 cups per day maximum so the size is perfect.  I do not use K-cups, I buy Starbucks Sumatra on the bean, grind and use the MyKCup for a great tasting cup of coffee. The amount of ground coffee you use in the MyKCup plus the "strong" feature will also determine how strong your cup. People's reviews complain about not being able to make this machine work, the instructions are less than helpful and the MyKCup has to fit into the top just right, and the explanation is poor.  I had trouble getting it to fit until I slowed down and paid attention to how it was designed to fit into the machine. (Make sure the horizontal edge is facing you for it to fit into the machine.) Once you figure out how to insert the MyKCup correctly in the top, what a great cup of coffee this machine will produce. The sound it makes brewing lasts about a minute and not worthy of complaint. I really  love the "strong "feature, it is very hot so quite an improvement over the older "mini" style. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they sent you a 20% off code from HSN buy it over there.

don't know if they have them since I don't drink coffee, but, 20% usually gets my attention on big ticket items.

@LisaMofSLC 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Breville and I love it! (I believe it is the upper end of the Keurig line) I find it ver reliable, easy to use and clean and a good warranty.