Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the replies. I happened to see a Mr Coffee machine that used K Cups, in the grocery store last Christmas, on sale, and was sorely tempted to buy one to store away in case. Sorry I didn't. I tend not to replace UNTIL something stops working, because I would hate to get rid of a reliable machine for one that will quit working in 6 months. I think 6 years was an honourable life for my single cup Keurig, and with only two major cleanings. 

I'll rwad thorugh your replis more carefully to see the recommends. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC    check out EverythingKitchens dot com. Fast service don't have any Keurings, but, other name brand coffee makers. Free shp,fast service, no tax to some states. I'm in Texas , so, I don't pay sales tax why I bought my Smeg mixer there.

Honored Contributor

I've been using my space-saver Keurig for several months now...since it was first presented, I believe.  I use it every day.  I love it.  Depending on which K cup I'm using, sometimes I elect the option to make it stronger. IMHO, it make a really good cup of very hot coffee.  My previous Keurig mini also worked well and the coffee was hot, but not nearly as hot as with this slender version.  I use a spouted measuring cup and pour the water directly into the reservoir.  Hope it continues to work well, since I love the narrower footprint.

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  Are you sure it’s a goner?  I thought my first one was but cleaned the needle bit and descaled it and got several more years from it.  (I might have done more. I don’t remember.)  Have you called their customer service or watched online videos?

When I thought the first was gone I bought a new one. I’m finally using that one. If I needed to buy one today, I’m not sure which one I would get   Good luck!

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

I cleaned the unit and it seemed to work, but one morning, it made like half a cup of coffee. What a mess when I pulled the K-cup out lol. So it did that even after cleaning. After so many reviews I have read about this model, I felt fortunate to have one that lasted 6 years. 

Respected Contributor

Check our your nearest retailer.They are on sale weekly everywhere.

Honored Contributor

We have hard water so my Keurigs really don't last long. We only use the Keurig Mini (one cup at a time). We have to replace ours about every year. I have a new one now and bought a spare since we found it at such a good price on Amazon.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: I need a new Keurig

[ Edited ]

My Two Keurigs both bought the dust a few days apart.  I replaced one with a Keurig elite model...on sale at Walmart $129...for the slate color only... $20 more for the same model and color at Target.

Two days later at our summer place, the second Keurig needed replaced.  I went to the local Walmart and bought a model that has the same features as the Elite....can't really tell the difference, but that one was $75. This one was Silver.

Both are wonderful and so quiet.  The coffee is hot and there are five cup sizes, plus a strong brew button and ice coffee feature and hot water only button.

The two older Keurigs I had were probably close to 15 years old.

My husband uses a large tall travel mug, so the single serve models won't work for us.

Contributor

I recently purchased the new Keurig Cafe and love it.  It’s a little pricey but is also a espresso machine.

Honored Contributor

Re: I need a new Keurig

[ Edited ]

K49614 Like the added choices. Filtered water is the best. In my home use system for all water sources.