Contributor

Yup.  That's how I do it.  Then a little water (if you just want to clean), or some wine or juice (if making sauce) to deglaze and voila, not much for clean up.

Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/EMAIL.product.K44607.html?promo=RS5&cm_ite=HERO_K44607_CPH:CopperChef&sc=MAIL&cm_...

Think I"ll type in 'copper chef' and see what all is available. This pan would be good for quick batches of fish and frys and my husbands tater tots.

Thanks sharke for the info.  The home woot deal has the similar pan plus extra pans for $84.99.  I believe their shipping is $5.00 so not too bad.  I really don't know the quality difference between the copper chef brand and gotham steel brand, but they appear very similar.

Honored Contributor

All I see is copper skillet all in one pan I guess. They will probably come out with pots , though. I assumed they were already available.  I'm ahead of my time. LOL

Respected Contributor

Warning!  Gold Medal flour cnontains no gold!

Chicken of theSea contains no chicken!

Most "silverware" isnt

Red Star Yeast isn't red

Diamonique is not diamonds

and there is no Betty Crocker

thereis more copper in nickels than nickel.yet we still call them nickels.and almost no copper in pennies, yet people still say "copper pennies"

Copper is a color AND a mineral..No one is claiming it is made of copper ..Why is this so controversial?

Honored Contributor

23_28_113.gif

Respected Contributor

Sharke, you know I Luvs ya!

Super Contributor

Re: Copper colored pans (LOL)

Therre are 3 different copper pans out there, and they are all similar, in fact they are all most likely made in the same Chinese factory.  Theres the Copper Chef line, Eric Theiss usually presents and promotes that. The Gotham Steel line of copper pans. Chef Daniel Green, formerly with Evine, does the commercial for Gotham. And the there Red Copper pans, Cathy Mitchell of "Dump Dinners, and Dump Derserts" cookbook fame does the commercial for Red Copper. I don't see any difference in either one of them, 3 copper pans.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Warning!  Gold Medal flour cnontains no gold!

Chicken of theSea contains no chicken!

Most "silverware" isnt

Red Star Yeast isn't red

Diamonique is not diamonds

and there is no Betty Crocker

thereis more copper in nickels than nickel.yet we still call them nickels.and almost no copper in pennies, yet people still say "copper pennies"

Copper is a color AND a mineral..No one is claiming it is made of copper ..Why is this so controversial?

I don't know about controversy but, as for me, the name implies that the pan is made of the mineral Copper. I Googled all three brands after seeing the infomercials and realized that none of them are Copper pans. I'm sure that calling them Copper pans and not Copper colored pans is a deliberate marketing ploy to mislead people.  As for your reference regarding the other products I don't see it as the same thing. The only one that could possibly be misleading IMO is the silverware. However, most people know silverware, flatware, tableware and cutlery are acceptable interchangeable terms in the U.S. and that they are not always made of silver. As for the coins, pennies were at one time made of copper. The term “Nickel” refers to the main component of the alloy used to "strike the coin" and was meant to differentiate the coin from another of the same denomination that circulated at the same time -- the Half Dime, which was made of silver.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Copper colored pans (LOL)

@Nuttmeg wrote:

My local supermarket is selling a copper colored cookware by Faberware.

Acme? Our local Acme(s) are giving away something, but I didn't pay attention.

Respected Contributor

"I'm sure that calling them Copper pans and not Copper colored pans is a deliberate marketing ploy to mislead people. "

I agree.