Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

"I'm sure that calling them Copper pans and not Copper colored pans is a deliberate marketing ploy to mislead people. "

I agree.

Maybe, but they are actually called "Copper Chef"- that is the BRAND.. not neccesarily the material its made of

I give consumers enough credit to know that a REAL copper pan, even if it WAS to be made in that size would be considerably more expensive..by hundreds of dollars..but maybe people really ARE that stupid.. 

I hope not... but then, people are still falling for the Nigerian Prince scheme and the bogus IRS phone calls, so who knows...

Valued Contributor

Re: Copper colored pans (LOL)

anyone look at the pans they had on Evine ealier today?  They look interesting, definitely more colorful but they were selling a whole set for about twice the cost of todays TSV.

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

"I'm sure that calling them Copper pans and not Copper colored pans is a deliberate marketing ploy to mislead people. "

I agree.

Maybe, but they are actually called "Copper Chef"- that is the BRAND.. not neccesarily the material its made of

I give consumers enough credit to know that a REAL copper pan, even if it WAS to be made in that size would be considerably more expensive..by hundreds of dollars..but maybe people really ARE that stupid.. 

I hope not... but then, people are still falling for the Nigerian Prince scheme and the bogus IRS phone calls, so who knows...

People can be misled without being stupid.

Does anyone know what material the steamer & fry basket are made of ? SS? or? The basket for steaming I recieved with my Ninja 3 in one did not clean well.  I do not see info on the steamer or fry basket. If you click on to construction layers on info page copper is mentioned .

Honored Contributor

I heard Eric say this morning that the pan is copper-infused. I have no idea why he or some sites make this statement when there is no copper, other than the color, involved.

Read some of the sites online about how overpriced, overhyped, and truly bad this cookware is.

(posted on another thread also)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

More Gotham Steel on Woot today.

Honored Contributor

Love my skillet !

Valued Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I agree.

@Mothertrucker, I get your point,  Here's my two cents.  I purchased the Copper Chef pan from QVC back in May, and I had seen its infomercials previously.  It never occurred to me that it might be made of copper.  In fact, if you just look at a piece of real copper cookware and then look at Copper Chef, there's no comparison whatsoever.  You can see the difference immediately.  And, as you said, copper cookware is very, very expensive.  You will never see a copper pot being sold for $69 anywhere.  No way no how.

As for the copper-infused claim, I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but it was irrelevant to my purchase anyway.  I bought the pan because I thought it was unusual in the sense that it had such high sides, and I have never seen a non-stick pan in that shape and size.  If nothing else, it might help me keep my stove cleaner when frying by containing the splatter.   I was also curious about using the new and latest non-stick surfaces, and the TV demos were pretty effective in my view. 

I've used the pan a couple of times so far (it's been way too hot to cook in the kitchen), and I was very pleased with the results.  I plan to use it regularly now that our weather will finally be cooling down (it will be 86 and humid today and 68 on Sunday and onwards).

As for being misled, unless a vendor is a blatant liar, it's up to the consumer to get educated about a product.  First of all, listen to the presentation -- truly listen to what is said and what is not being said.  In other words, read between the lines.  I think a lot of people hear what they want to hear or misconstrue what's being said or just make assumptions.  If the pan is not specifically described as being made of copper, then it is not made of copper, and there's no reason why anyone should think it is.  

Next, do your research.  I'm aware that not everyone has internet access for whatever reason (economics, geography, whatever), but I think it's safe to say that millions of people do.  Get on the internet and look things up, read reviews, comparison shop, and get informed, especially if you're making a significant purchase whether it's from QVC or elsewhere.

If you think a product is well priced and you'll get what you want out of using it, then you've gotten your money's worth.  If you're not happy with a product that you've bought, return it.  Very little merchandise is really "final sale" anymore as it used to be back in the day.  No one is forcing people to buy or to keep products they don't like.  The choice is yours.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I agree.

@Mothertrucker, I get your point,  Here's my two cents.  I purchased the Copper Chef pan from QVC back in May, and I had seen its infomercials previously.  It never occurred to me that it might be made of copper.  In fact, if you just look at a piece of real copper cookware and then look at Copper Chef, there's no comparison whatsoever.  You can see the difference immediately.  And, as you said, copper cookware is very, very expensive.  You will never see a copper pot being sold for $69 anywhere.  No way no how.

As for the copper-infused claim, I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but it was irrelevant to my purchase anyway.  I bought the pan because I thought it was unusual in the sense that it had such high sides, and I have never seen a non-stick pan in that shape and size.  If nothing else, it might help me keep my stove cleaner when frying by containing the splatter.   I was also curious about using the new and latest non-stick surfaces, and the TV demos were pretty effective in my view. 

I've used the pan a couple of times so far (it's been way too hot to cook in the kitchen), and I was very pleased with the results.  I plan to use it regularly now that our weather will finally be cooling down (it will be 86 and humid today and 68 on Sunday and onwards).

As for being misled, unless a vendor is a blatant liar, it's up to the consumer to get educated about a product.  First of all, listen to the presentation -- truly listen to what is said and what is not being said.  In other words, read between the lines.  I think a lot of people hear what they want to hear or misconstrue what's being said or just make assumptions.  If the pan is not specifically described as being made of copper, then it is not made of copper, and there's no reason why anyone should think it is.  

Next, do your research.  I'm aware that not everyone has internet access for whatever reason (economics, geography, whatever), but I think it's safe to say that millions of people do.  Get on the internet and look things up, read reviews, comparison shop, and get informed, especially if you're making a significant purchase whether it's from QVC or elsewhere.

If you think a product is well priced and you'll get what you want out of using it, then you've gotten your money's worth.  If you're not happy with a product that you've bought, return it.  Very little merchandise is really "final sale" anymore as it used to be back in the day.  No one is forcing people to buy or to keep products they don't like.  The choice is yours.

To say that this pan is copper-infused IS a "blatant" lie.

As for research, I found at two sites in which people complained vociferously about the lack of quality. But as you say, everyone's mileage may vary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I never heard "copper infused" and again , what does that Mean?  The only infusing on metal that I know of, is dye infusion for coloring..

I have the pan and like it a lot....

No it is not copper

No, I do not feel misled in any way...

I cannot speak for anyone else

I DID get a chuckle reading the reviews...one claimed that it was not copper, and a few below complained  that it was scratched by using metal tongs, and that , took the copper off, and now her food tastes like copper!  ........go figure.....

I am not sure what copper tastes like, though I know the human body contains about 1/10 of a gram of copper..

Hey! Does that make us all "copper infused"?!

Respected Contributor

This is disposable cookware.......ultimately a waste of money.

My husband was an executive master chef. Admittedly I have a professional kitchen. 

90% of my cookware is thick copper clad made by a company called Alessi....I have never had to use anything for clean up other than what has been described here by other posters and nothing sticks. I would rather spend money on lifetime products than on throw away stuff.