Occasional Contributor

Better use them quick, they are such garbage they only have a 60 day warranty!

Respected Contributor

Induction stove tops can't be used around people wearing pacemakers.

Honored Contributor

@Bobb wrote:

Better use them quick, they are such garbage they only have a 60 day warranty!

Hmmmm, @Bobb.  I have both the 9.5" and 11" pans, and the 11" skillet.  I use one of them every single day (well, except Saturdays).  I give them no special treatment whatsoever -- cooking is fantastic, and clean up is a swipe & rinse.  I use them for every kind of cooking.

I've had mine for over a year and they are as good as new!  I love my Copper Chef pans and will never get rid of them.

Honored Contributor

Just curious--What is the difference between Copper Chef pans and Gotham Steel pans?   I bought the Gotham Steel last year from QVC when they were on and they had various colors for the exterior, but inside was copper color.    They clean up well, but not perfect.    They look so similar to Copper Chef except for the colors.

Will Copper Chef ever come out with the smaller pans?  I love all my skillets, pans and casseroles, but I'd love to see at least a two quart pan.

Honored Contributor

@loveds2u wrote:

Will Copper Chef ever come out with the smaller pans?  I love all my skillets, pans and casseroles, but I'd love to see at least a two quart pan.

I think Eric has "hinted" that they will.  Callers have requested saucepans and smaller pans. 

Occasional Contributor

I bought the 9.5"  about 9 months ago at a BBB store (so I could return it without the hassle of shipping it back to QVC or any other place).   Everything worked as advertised until I was reminded by an animated TV presentation of how the pan can make popcorn without oil.

THAT was a mistake and doomed my pan.  So while I had no problems before that with the non-stick,  if not for just a handful of unpopped corn kernels I suspect I'd still be using the pan. However those kernels BURNED a char on the bottom and no amount of soaking or any other and all other recommended methods to clean it were successful. 

In the trash it went (I was out of my return period, although BBB is pretty flexible about returns but it was too far to drive to the store.)

Needless to say I went from a fan of the pan, to a serious detractor. 

Okay, so ....QVC just had a ridiculous Today's Special this last weekend with the Induction Burner and the Pan (with accessories),  and also because I had a sizeable credit coming to me, I couldn't resist.  I'm getting the whole package for $10/mo on easy pay.  

I won't make popcorn again (with or without oil),  so I'm hoping like you, 

Frequent Contributor

My Copper Chef skillet is sticking with scrambled eggs.  I wrote to Eric on his Facebook page and he never answered me!  I went to his new site erictheiss.com as he wrote on his Facebook page, and it is terrible!  What is going on???  

Valued Contributor

@foodsport wrote:

I bought the 9.5"  about 9 months ago at a BBB store (so I could return it without the hassle of shipping it back to QVC or any other place).   Everything worked as advertised until I was reminded by an animated TV presentation of how the pan can make popcorn without oil.

THAT was a mistake and doomed my pan.  So while I had no problems before that with the non-stick,  if not for just a handful of unpopped corn kernels I suspect I'd still be using the pan. However those kernels BURNED a char on the bottom and no amount of soaking or any other and all other recommended methods to clean it were successful. 

In the trash it went (I was out of my return period, although BBB is pretty flexible about returns but it was too far to drive to the store.)

Needless to say I went from a fan of the pan, to a serious detractor. 

Okay, so ....QVC just had a ridiculous Today's Special this last weekend with the Induction Burner and the Pan (with accessories),  and also because I had a sizeable credit coming to me, I couldn't resist.  I'm getting the whole package for $10/mo on easy pay.  

I won't make popcorn again (with or without oil),  so I'm hoping like you, 

@foodsportThe same thing happened to me with the popcorn.  I did exactly what Eric said and it left black burn marks that no amount of soaking or scrubbing will take out.  As far as I'm concerned Curtis Stone makes the best pans in the business. No more CC for me.

Occasional Contributor

I decided to jump on the forums to find information on the copper chef pans I recently bought. I purchased the set with multiple pans and addons advertised on QVC .

I am really disappointed in my purchase as two of the pans now, have chipped/peeled off the burgandy color on the bottm. Plus, one pan melted the color onto the bottom  middle plate! 

I did email customer service here after using the first pan,  (everyone is so helpful which I really appreciate), explaining the problem and that I didn't want to ship the whole set back as it costs more. It was suggested I email the company which I did. I have used two different email addresses and the newest email was just kicked back reading delivery incomplete. They must not be accepting emails. 

So, for pans to have a lifetime warranty, and emails not being read and replied too, I think its terribly poor service and I won't buy anything else from them. I did read that some here have had good results and thats great. My experience is anything but that.

Guess I don't know what else to do with this but at least give caution to new buyers.