Occasional Contributor

PLEASE answer this question Eric:

Why does the pamphlet enclosed in with my CC pans say that I must season the pans before using and then EVERY TIME they are put in the dishwasher? 

It says to heat clean, sry pan on low hweat for 30 seconds, remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, using a paper toewel, rub oil all over the entire INTERIOR surface of pan and then REPEAT when washed in dishwasher.

Eric CONTINUALLY says on QVC that NO SEASONING is ever needed. So, please clear up this issue for me. PLEASE, check the CC inclosure that comes with the pans and please make the seasoning issue EVERY time you present the pans on QVC.

I wanted to gift  2 pans to my daughter who always uses the dishwasher - if she has to season these pan everytime, she won't want them at all. 

Sincerely,

Doreen Bourdeau

Honored Contributor

Good question, Doreen, but it's doubtful Eric will ever see it here.  QVC vendors and hosts don't usually post on these boards.  I'd check for a Facebook or other media account.  You could contact David on Facebook and have him pose the question to Eric.  Good luck. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Copper chef pans

[ Edited ]

how many millions of these pans have been sold?

i can't imagine all those people are doing that.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

how many millions of these pans has been sold?

i can't imagine all those people are doing that.

Interesting that this has never been mentioned in the presentations.  I also think people aren't doing that.     I see some at local Marshall's.

Honored Contributor

I have one of these pans and I never seasoned it.  I don't recall reading it needed seasoning.  Doreen is obviously more observant than I.  I don't know why you'd put it in the dishwasher.  Takes up lots of room and can easily be cleaned with a swipe of a dish cloth. 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 agreed. I've never placed mine in the dishwasher either, it's just too easy to clean and in my tiny dishwasher real estate is valuable!

I also purchased one of those Gotham Steel (?) copper pans on clearance from the Q several months ago and it's also super easy to clean and never been in the dishwasher.

I've read some bad reviews on both pans/brands on various sites but I have to say I love both my pans and never had any issues. In fact I tossed out two other skillets after receiving these.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

Probably don't NEED to season them....but they recommend it to cook better....... might be the reason

Honored Contributor

They got RED copper now LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I bet they made them in red just for you. 

Honored Contributor

Nah, don't want copper sticking with my Sam's Club brand still the best.