Esteemed Contributor

As soon as fall hits, I'm ready for soups,  Chili, Southwest Chicken Tortilla and Taco Soup are my staples but I will also make Potato, Sausage & Tortellini & Beef Vegetable Barley at least once.  

I'm actually having SW Chicken Tortilla Soup w/ a small salad tonight for dinner.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

my wife does a hawian meatloaf thats delishous.i you want recipe i can give it to you.just let me know.auntg

Respected Contributor

have you ever tried stuffed pepper soup?

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

my wife does a hawian meatloaf thats delishous.i you want recipe i can give it to you.just let me know.auntg

Hi @Pooky1

I love meatloaf but I've never heard of Hawaiian meatloaf.  I would love to have your wife's recipe if you have the time.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Weather Dinners...

[ Edited ]

I like a big pot of hearty soup.  At this point, I don't even care if it's canned, I am so cold lately.

Awhile back, I bought a red T Fal pot from the Q, much easier to sling around than my Cuisinart or Staub.  I just love it, it does a great job. 

They had run out of the pots but it looks like they got it back, and in different colors.  $55, 5 full stars.  Cast aluminum.  Video on link:

http://www.qvc.com/T-Fal-Simmer-%26-Stew-Cast-Aluminum-5qt-Dutch-Oven-with-Recipes.product.K44714.ht...

T-Fal Simmer & Stew Cast Aluminum 5qt Dutch Oven with Recipes - K44714

Respected Contributor

noel7. heres the meatloaf recipe. it was actually burger recipe but it was so good she said this would make a great meatloaf and it is. she said basiclly mix your meat loaf how you uaually do and add these ingrediance to it.  1/4cup ketchup.  2 tablespoons soy sauce.  2 tbsp brown sugar.  2  tbsp crushed pineapple.  1 1/2tbsp minced garlick.  1 1/2 tbsp minced ginger. 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.    mix these ingrediance in a . take a 1/4 of mixture and mix into meat along with bread crumbs egg mix and form into meatloaf. pour rest of mixture over meatloaf and bake.   good luck noel7.   let us know what you think when you make it. and can be done as burgers to.  recipe is called teriaki burgers.

Trusted Contributor

Quick chicken and dumplings

Bean and ham soup 

Chili with corn muffins

Hearty vegetable soup

Kielbasa bake

Pumpkin And sausage soup

Creamed chip beef on toast

”The Bread Thing” melted cheese-beef yummy dip either in a bread bowl or crock pot. Served with sourdough cubes, salami chunks and vegetables as dunkers.