Frequent Contributor

It is supposed to get really cold this week...what are some of your favorite cold weather dinners?

Super Contributor

@Mollie

Chili or any pot of soups (especially clam chowder) or a hearty stew.  Love Chicken n Dumplings or a plate of steamed vegetables topped with melted cheese or butter. 

Honored Contributor

Oxtails & rice

Lasagne

Pot Roast & potatoes

Grits, biscuts & eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm a southerner, so in our house it's:

1. Chicken & Dumplings

2. Chuck Pot roast with cut up veggies (crockpot)

3. Chili (Wendy's recipe) with sweet buttered cornbread (is there any other kind?)

4. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes w/veggie

5. Short Ribs (crockpot) w/sides

6.  Boston butt w/cut up veggies (shred leftover meat for B-B-Q sandwiches)

7.  Shrimp Creole

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Oxtails & rice

Lasagne

Pot Roast & potatoes

Grits, biscuts & eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac

A woman after my own heart! I eat breakfast for lunch/dinner a lot!

Last night I had pancakes and eggs, but most of the time it's cheese grits, eggs and biscuits.

We won't even talk about the bacon.........LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

pot roast

meatloaf

roasted chicken

chicken or turkey tetrazzini

spaghetti with meatballs

curried chicken and broccoli casserole served with rice

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
I'm about to do a pot of chili and a pot of broccoli cheese soup. I just had vegetable stew with mushrooms, made like a pot roast but without the roast. I think we all are very similar in our cold weather foods! We too are about to have a cold snap, but it is to be 80 on Tuesday then 60 on Wednesday with lows in the 30s by the weekend. We have had another warm winter. I do hope it gets cold enough for it to kill the mosquitos and drive the rest of the insects underground!
Honored Contributor

*Soups
*Chili
*Beef Stew
*Pot Roast
*Baked Mac & Cheese

It's not terribly cold today here, but I just took my potatoes out of the oven and will be making baked potato soup for dinner tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Mollie,   I like to make regular chili, turkey chili; both with cornbread, roast beef with fresh carrots/potatoes,  chicken breasts salt and pepper first then dip in flour, beaten egg, bread crumbs and top with parmasan cheese then top with butter and bake serve with fresh veggies and salad.  Also homemade soup and vegetable beef is my favorite.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I wasn’t home for Thanksgiving, so this week I’m going to cook a turkey breast in the crock pot, make dressing and cranberry salad.  Then I’ll do a big batch of turkey soup, and freeze some.