Respected Contributor

Re: Coffee maker suggestions

I have a coffee maker but rarely use it. My French Press is my favorite way to make my coffee. 

Respected Contributor

I like the Ninja coffee makers.  You can do a pot or the k cups.  Very well made.

Frequent Contributor

Cuisinart Grind N Brew, Thermal Carafe.  Well worth the cost and provides excellent coffee.  Considering that most people make at least one pot of coffee per day, the cost of the machine over time is low.  Well worth it.  Enjoy your coffee!

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

My husband always used a coffee filter in the electric percolator as well as the stove top coffee pot, due to the fine grind on the coffee beans.   It really helps keep the grounds out of your coffee cup.   

Honored Contributor

We replaced our over 15 year old Bunn with another Bunn 8 years ago, and it's still going strong.

The Bunn I got for DH's office 10 years ago is still fantastic.

Amazon.com: BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black: Drip  Coffeemakers: Home & Kitchen

Esteemed Contributor

One of the best coffeemakers I've had was a Bunn....it was also the hottest coffee! Right now we have a simple Mr. Coffee and I'm satisfied with it. We drink a pot of coffee in the morning, use plain ole Folgers coffee and tap water. We're not afficionados and Mr. Coffee works just fine for us. We've used it every day for almost 2 years and have never had a problem with it. Good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been very pleased with my Cuisinart 14 cup drip coffee maker.  Can do 4 cups or more with tasty results. Usually brew twice per day.   I have had many years.

Respected Contributor

I splurged years ago on a Bonavita and have never looked back.

When I got mine, it came with a glass carafe which I love and a cone style filter which is also my preference over a flat one.

They have made changes over the years to stainless carafes, however, I'll keep having delicious coffee every morning as long as mine holds out, which so far is about 7 or 8 years.

Good luck on your search @Sweet Kitties Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a Bunn for years. When it goes, I will purchase another.

For single serve cups, I also use a Bunn. Coffee is great and hot. 

Valued Contributor

@On It wrote:

My son has a Cuisinart and really enjoys it. My husband and I use a 12 cup Black and Decker drip pot. It does the job and isn't expensive.

We're on our second one like this and works fine. Cheap and I like that it shuts off after 2 hrs. We don't need the program function.