Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coffee maker suggestions

I have a Hamilton Beach Flex Brew.

You're probably not interested in it 'cause it takes k-cups on one side, perks a full pot on the other side.  I only mention this because from my experience it totally excels over Keurig.  So you may be interested in the Hamilton Beach brand.  Good machine at a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

I like a single brew because DH likes plain coffee and I like flavored brewed coffee, along with hot water on demand for my tea. I just posted in the TSV forum that I'm currently fed up with Keurig.  I bought a Keurig Supreme Plus close to 2 yrs. and I'm on my fourth replacement.  Keurig told me we're maxed out on replacements.  Next time I'm in the market, I'm going to do my research and could possibly go with a Ninja or Cuisinart.  

We have a Presto percolator that has lasted for many years.  I pull that one out when we want a full pot.

Respected Contributor

Just a simple good ol' Mr. Coffee, very basic drip coffee.  Keep it clean with monthly vinegar washouts.  We don't need fancy, pricey.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have a Hamilton Beach Flexbrew, although we no longer use the k-cup side.  It makes very good coffee and has a "bold' setting which I use all the time.  It also has a timer which allows me to get the coffee ready the night before and then have it come on the next morning without me having to do anything.  The k-cup side works fine but my mother brought a full size Keurig, with a reservoir,  wtih her when she moved in with us so we don't need to use that feature on the Hamilton Beach. I've had this coffee maker for over 10 years and it still works very well.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a Cuisinart with a thermal carafe. Keeps the coffee hot without that "burn" taste. Bought it at Kohls, love it.

Valued Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Just a simple good ol' Mr. Coffee, very basic drip coffee.  Keep it clean with monthly vinegar washouts.  We don't need fancy, pricey.

I went back to my Farberware electric perk.

Using a coffee filter is a must..most ground coffee is too fine now.

Esteemed Contributor

We drink a full pot every day so we own a Breville ( a bit more expensive but worth it).  We use beans (Costco or Sams) and have been using it for five years.

Valued Contributor

DH and I also drink a full pot every morning.  Currently, we're using a Black "n Decker which makes a good cup of coffee. Purchased a Cuisinart which I have on hand whenever the Black 'n Decker stops working.  The sale of the Cuisinart at Costco was too hard to pass up.  My favorite coffee maker though, is the BUNN. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all of your recommendations. I'll look into all of these coffee makers.

Valued Contributor

@Sweet Kitties :

A drip pot to me makes weaker coffee..The water only goes through the grinds 1x..

My perk pot makes a good strong cup of coffee.