Valued Contributor

I need to get a new coffee maker. My husband & I together drink a full pot every morning, so we're not interested fiddling around with a Keurig. What's your favorite full pot coffee maker? Thanks for your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Coffee maker suggestions

We have a Cuisinart grind and brew. Makes the best coffee. Been having it for years. We use a one cup most of the time, but this one is great for a full pot. My husband and I like very different coffees now, so a pot is hard to find that we both like. He likes a stronger, darker and I like a more mellow.

We also have a small Mr. Coffee that works great, too.

Hope you find your perfect fit. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

We have had a Cuisinart for the last 6 years or so.  I love the cone shaped coffee holder and think it brews better than the flat shaped ones.  

When we have to replace it I will purchase another as we have been so pleased with it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties While I'm more of a tea drinker I do like coffee too.

I've tried them all...not a fan of Keurig, over time, just one of those contraptions that's hard to clean out...bf had one, he stopped using it and went back to instant!

I've used stainless steel pot on the stove...comes very good that way.

I have a Farberware electric pot...not a fan, mom bought it for me years ago, because she had one...never like the way coffee comes (maybe it's what I'm using in it, but it is Dunkin')...grounds always wind up in the bottom etc. Looking to replace also..

Spent time at a friend's in VA in spring...coffee every morning...from her old Cuisinart drip electric pot. Maxwell House coffee. Came out hot, and good every morning.

So now I think I'll buy a small Cuisinart drip next.

Currently I'm drinking instant Folgers. Sometimes also a blend I get at Trader Joe's when they have it...a Columbian Roast. I don't mind instant.

Honored Contributor

I bought myself a small metallic Cuisinart pot years ago and still use it any morning I have time to enjoy more than a quick cup.

I do use a mini-Keurig, for either for speed or later on a day when I brew one cup of decaf for later in the day.

Respected Contributor

My son has a Cuisinart and really enjoys it. My husband and I use a 12 cup Black and Decker drip pot. It does the job and isn't expensive.

Respected Contributor

A basic, no-frills model that works well at a good price. Available at Walmart.

0A834D34-878A-43FD-9762-557094F3AC68.png

Honored Contributor

@amyb   Agree about Folgers instant.  I had a single cup coffee brewer from Hamilton Beach, I think.  It lasted about 6 months and I didn't like having to deal with the grounds.  I enjoy coffee but Folgers is good enough for me.

Respected Contributor

Cuisinart works well for me .....mine is the smaller version makes 4 cups...I have tried Keurig just wasn't for me.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't go wrong with a Mr. Coffee. That company was the first to bring it to in-home market. I have owned one since I can remember. 

ETA- I bought a separate Mr. Coffee stainless steel insulated carafe to replace the glass one which came with my coffee maker. What a difference that made in the taste of my coffee. Insulated carafes hold less coffee, just so you know.