Respected Contributor

Re: Can U out eat this woman?

Revolting.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Sharke said:
On 3/24/2015 Chrystaltree said:

No, I have to say I never heard of that restaurant. It sounds like that woman has future in competitive eating. Just the two baked potatoes and nothing else would be too much for my stomach to handle.

http://bigtexan.com/

been on TV and was always portrayed on that show with that Adam guy who used to go on eating binders. Forgot his name he became a diabetic and had to quit pigging out.

No, he did not. He gained weight, even though he exercised twice a day and didn't eat at all the day before a competitive eating binge, but he did not become diabetic. Unless you're referring to some other Adam guy.

Honored Contributor

They did do a movie with a scene like this with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd, "The Great Outdoors" I cannot imagine someone actually doing it though in real life or at the very least in such a small amount of time! Yikes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

I guess she is not a vegetarian. : )
Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Clover29 said:
On 3/24/2015 Sharke said:
On 3/24/2015 Chrystaltree said:

No, I have to say I never heard of that restaurant. It sounds like that woman has future in competitive eating. Just the two baked potatoes and nothing else would be too much for my stomach to handle.

http://bigtexan.com/

been on TV and was always portrayed on that show with that Adam guy who used to go on eating binders. Forgot his name he became a diabetic and had to quit pigging out.

No, he did not. He gained weight, even though he exercised twice a day and didn't eat at all the day before a competitive eating binge, but he did not become diabetic. Unless you're referring to some other Adam guy.

Thought I read that in either People or the Sunday Parade. I remember telling my husband about it.

Trusted Contributor

Fascinating! I was surprised to see a trim, fit-looking young woman in the video, rather than a bloated, overweight person. Obviously the woman doesn't eat like this on a regular basis, and/or she has a knockout metabolism and/or works off a lot of calories exercising and/or has a tapeworm. That's a LOT of food! I couldn't do it and wouldn't try, especially just for the price of the meal. Pretty amazing feat.

Honored Contributor

Barbra Streisand did it in The Guilt Trip.

Honored Contributor

My teacher daughter and I have long said we would like to participate in a steak challenge. However, we just want to eat the steak, no potato, no salad, no bread, just lots of meat, and something to drink.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I can't imagine eating that much in one sitting. It's astounding to me that she did it in fifteen minutes!

It seems dangerous to me too. It seems like I remember hearing about someone choking to death at a hot dog eating contest one time.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 BeckiWV said:

Wow, I can't imagine eating that much in one sitting. It's astounding to me that she did it in fifteen minutes!

It seems dangerous to me too. It seems like I remember hearing about someone choking to death at a hot dog eating contest one time.

Oh dear! That wouldn't surprise me. I've seen how they cram those things, whole, down their throat. Then they get the bun wet and shove that down too.

Hot dogs are gross anyway, that's a given, but the way they pound those all in I'm kind of surprised more people haven't died. Aside from being gross, it just seems so dangerous.