Respected Contributor

Re: Call me a dinosaur, but….

[ Edited ]

We have all white appliances. It's just easier. I know we can always buy white (at least, so far lol).

Years and years ago we bought an avocado green refrigerator. What a mistake! We then moved into a house (which we loved) that had a turquoise oven and cooktop. I lived with those appliances for too long (until our next move, to a brand new home). Then we switched over to white appliances and never looked back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 

@Trinity11 wrote:

@violann wrote:

I really REALLY NEED kitchen appliances in "bisque" or "biscuit" or "almond" or even WHITE.

Might as well just hop the Concorde back to 1974, RGHT?

I have a white fridge, dishwasher and stove. Once I saw how stainless showed every mark, I kept buying white appliances. I am definitely a dinosaur.🤣

I was just thinking of you the other day @violann . Wonderful to see you posting again. Hope you are well...💐🌻🌹🌺

I'm with you.  Mine still almond or bisque.  Not into black or stainless.

I,ve had  young people come into my home and say, how cute and interesting your home .  Yes different, but makes me happy.

Honored Contributor

UPDATE!  We have gotten White appliances!!

We will be painting the walls, and although the white was not my preference, I think they will look OK and my fridge won't grind like a subway making an emergency stop every morning when I come out to make my coffee.

Thank you all for your help!

Honored Contributor

@violann : Enjoy. When we remodeled our kitchen in 2017 everything that I selected was on back order for at least a year. I finally went with black appliances because that was the only color for the double wall oven that I wanted. Not my first choice of color but I do like the black and really didn't want the stainless.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

The same thing happened with us.  I love my black!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

growing up our kitchen had turquoise sink,stove and dishwasher! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marzi 1 wrote:

growing up our kitchen had turquoise sink,stove and dishwasher! 

@marzi 1  On the fifties my aunt had an all turquoise kitchen. All appliances and countertop. For me at that age it was very impressive. Also every cabinet was turquoise.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

UPDATE!  We have gotten White appliances!!

We will be painting the walls, and although the white was not my preference, I think they will look OK and my fridge won't grind like a subway making an emergency stop every morning when I come out to make my coffee.

Thank you all for your help!

@violann - Congratulations! We have all white appliances too. When we moved into our house everyone thought we were crazy. The "trend" was dark cabinets and stainless appliances. I insisted on oak cabinets and white appliances. 

We're the only house on our street with appliances that aren't stainless. 

My friend is an interior designer. She doesn't "decorate," but designs. She advises the location and flow of rooms in new or remodeled houses. Anyway, she told me back then most designers prefer black or white. She has black. 

Everyone should get what they like, and I was able to do that. But it was really hard finding a white refrigerator. It had to be special ordered.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ManyMeows  I've got a Waring Futura 14 speed blender in avocado green Smiley Very Happy. Super retro and super fun! I even have the matching hand mixer- I got both on Ebay in 2010 Smiley Happy

Waring Futura Blender 11-160 Solid State Avacado Green Vintage 14