Trusted Contributor

Re: Call me a dinosaur, but….

Well my fave appliance color is the one I grew up with in the 1950's.....turquoise!

I'll bet our old turquoise Coldspot fridge is still running, somewhere over the rainbow.  

I'd love to take it back in trade for the stainless steel hunk of junk in my kitchen.

Valued Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Well my fave appliance color is the one I grew up with in the 1950's.....turquoise!

I'll bet our old turquoise Coldspot fridge is still running, somewhere over the rainbow.  

I'd love to take it back in trade for the stainless steel hunk of junk in my kitchen.

We bought a cold spot in "copper" in 1970..It was still going strong in 2004! Only with a few minor repairs.Sure it used more electric but it was the best..

DH didn't want to have it moved over 200 miles..Since 2004 we've had 3 different new refrigerators(white).Don't like Stainless steel or black.

My Mom had an avacodo was forever..

Frequent Contributor

Purchased new appliances in 2013, GE in slate color.   It's a matte finish with stainless steel handles.    Con is the handles, always wiping them because of smudges.   

GE has bisque color appliances 

Trusted Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

@CJC wrote:

We bought a cold spot in "copper" in 1970..It was still going strong in 2004! Only with a few minor repairs.Sure it used more electric but it was the best..

DH didn't want to have it moved over 200 miles..Since 2004 we've had 3 different new refrigerators(white).Don't like Stainless steel or black.

My Mom had an avacodo was forever..

I remember the copper appliances from 1970.  We bought major appliances that same year in harvest gold.  They were still working in my kitchen when we moved from that house in 2004. 

Honored Contributor

I've had gold, green, almond and white.  White is my favorite and what I'm sticking with going forward.

Respected Contributor

We had avocado green fridge probably until 2010.  Now I have an almond one and am still thrilled it isn't green.  I forgot about the copper ones. Our next door neighbor had a copper fridge and copper dishwasher in the 70s.  The new stuff does not last like the old appliances.  I have a 1990 microwave and it's going strong.  My sister is on #4 I think.  

Respected Contributor

@CJC 

CJC ...Check out Elmira Stove Works in Ontario Canada...

You will FLIP when you see the homepage ( and the prices!!!) but they have some really cool retro stuff!!!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

See my suggestion to @CJC in this thread!!!

Go retro!!! 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what that means.  My daughter did an expensive redo of her kitchen. It's all white and brushed stainless steel.  I won't lie, it's too stark and medicinal for me but it's certainly not old fashioned.  If you want vanilla or bisque, that's what you should get.

Respected Contributor

@ManyMeows  And don't forget Coppertone.  That's what I had back in the day.