Trusted Contributor

Temp-tations Woodland Set of 2 Lidded Soup & Sa

Does anyone have this item?

I've ordered 2 sets.

Seems to have many uses for pots and platters. I couldn't decide between the 2 colors, so I bought both!

I don't have many Temp pieces;

2 Boofetti black cat platters featuring the entire cat, the large cat face platter

little cat/halloween bowls with spreader knives offered last year, and a few from this year.

My grandchildren love these things.

Years and years ago I bought a 9x13 Rooster casserole- red and yellow, with a scalloped edge,  used it once, cleaned up well. Really well made.

I worry about the recent production- many reviews stating Temp., not made as thick, strong, as earlier days.

I hope these hold up.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations Woodland Set of 2 Lidded Soup & Sa

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

🍜  Years ago, I purchase similar sets from Pfaltzgraff, and the design and durability far exceeds TempTations products. The soup bowl is a large, wide handled mug, and the platter has a well for the mug that keeps it from sliding around the platter. It's really been a very useful and practical. product

Honored Contributor

@skittles2  I have two sets in floral lace eggplant so they've been around a while. I only serve with maybe the occasional heat up of the ramekin and they've held up beautifully. I do toss them in the dishwasher as well. 

In woodland, I have the white stacking bowls. Again, I only microwave and serve, no oven, and other than the wording on the bottom which is not there anymore, they have been really nice too. 

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi @ManyMeows 

I was only going to get Taupe, but the Grey was beautiful as well.

I didn't really look at the size , they'd be great to serve a single person casserole, or multiple people depending upon the size,with or w/o the platter.

Hopefully they're large enough for more than one person to use a serveware for get-togethers.

They'll look lovely with my white Wedgwood Nantucket Basketweave dishes and Belleek- ware as well.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 

Hi,

@Laura14 wrote:

@skittles2  I have two sets in floral lace eggplant so they've been around a while. I only serve with maybe the occasional heat up of the ramekin and they've held up beautifully. I do toss them in the dishwasher as well. 

In woodland, I have the white stacking bowls. Again, I only microwave and serve, no oven, and other than the wording on the bottom which is not there anymore, they have been really nice too. 

Thanks for the detail!  Do you not use the oven/toaster type oven because reviews mentioning they've cracked in half?

That worries me. What a mess would ensue, especially if using for a holiday, family get-together, company meal.

HeartCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 Don't have one of those, but I meal prep large batches so I wouldn't do it anyway. I have heard about the oven cracking so I honestly wouldn't bother with Temptations for that. I buy serveware only from them. 

Trusted Contributor

🤔 With regard to sizing, the platter will comfortably hold your bowl of soup and a sandwich.

Everything looks bigger on TV !

Trusted Contributor

@skittles2   

I have them in white Woodland.  I use the crocks the most for heating up soup or whatever in the microwave, never bake in them.  The plates are only good for holding dry foods like a sandwich.  Anything saucey could leak out through those handle holes on the ends.  There used to be another set available without those plate handles.  

Trusted Contributor

@ManyMeows 

HaHa! "everything looks bigger on TV"  it's SOOO true.

When I saw the bowls/pots I thought WOW! that will hold mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc., for Holidays, apps when people arrive....no matter the size, I'll still be able to use them. 

I think I'd be wary to place into my- BRAND NEW GORGEOUS ON THE INSIDE WITH THE FABULOUS BLUE INTERIOR- oven! LOLCat LOL

HeartCat Very HappyHeart