Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Place to order Pecans

@deepwaterdotter I buy pecans, almonds, dried fruit, and nut mixes from them.  They are great but getting expensive. I only buy them a couple of times per year now.

Occasional Contributor

Every year I order fresh pecans from Sunnyland Farms in Georgia.  I bake with them during the holidays and freeze the rest to use throughout the year.  Their customer service is great.  I mostly get raw pecans but also love their roasted, salted pecans and their honey coated pecans (addictive).

I live in a northern state and was unable to find quality pecans ANYWHERE here.  Then I found Sunnyland.  What a difference!

Respected Contributor

We get our pecans from Texas Pecan Company. It's located in  Dallas, so we go to their location to buy them. They also ship pecans (they're all grown here in Texas). 

We especially love their "Frosted Pecan Halves - Cinnamon" and "Frosted Pecan Halves - Praline" - they're delicious. I buy them for gifts; they make great hostess gifts, and I take them to get-togethers and also serve them at home to guests. 

FYI I've read that giant pecans are not as flavorful as medium size pecans. (This goes for a lot of things; the largest fruits and vegetables often have less flavor than average size ones.)

Pecans are harvested in Oct-Dec in Texas. That's a good time to stock up, and store them in the freezer. 

Trusted Contributor

We have delicious pecans here in La., so I know good pecans. I get the ones at sams and they are wonderful quality and taste.

Regular Contributor

@peachesncream I too purchase in the Texas Pecan Store in Dallas. Their selection of all types of nuts and dried fruits is great. Occasionally purchase from Hines Nut Company but Texas Pecan is my long time favorite. I use a recipe of soaking pecans in water for 20 minutes while oven is heating to 450 degrees. I pat dry pecans, sprinkle some salt in bottom of sheet pan and then place pecans in pan, single layer. Turn off oven and allow pecans to remain in oven for 90 minutes. Delicious! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My "Award-winning" Pecan Pies are made with Pecans from Costco...

Just sayin' Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes 

If its not too much to ask, could you post your Award Winning Recipe for Pecan Pie in the Recipe section?

.....since I can't come over, I"ll just have to make my own.

Thanks in advance

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling- Sunnyland Farms dot com.  We have never been disappointed.  They are in Georgia. 

Contributor

Check out this place for pecans. I love that you can get them cut to different sizes and have ready for holiday recipes. Whaley Pecan Company – Quality Fresh Pecans Since 1937! – Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!

Valued Contributor

• Just got my Sunnyland Farms catalog  really have a big assortment go online or even request a catalog.
  • Have everything from whole pecans ,pecans bits and pieces ,chocolate covered pecans to pecan flour don't even have to grind it yourself.
  • Shipping is included.