Respected Contributor

I read the new crop isn't ready yet...not sure if that's true as of today but where is the best place to order fresh Georgia Pecans.

Georgia does have the best pecans correct?????

Any help would be appreciated.

We used to have a truck come around with fruit and nuts and I haven't seen them for at least a couple years.

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Place to order Pecans

[ Edited ]

I don't know a lot about pecans, but I follow "Cooking with Brenda Gantt" on FB, and she is constantly pitching "Preister's Pecans" (not sure if I spelled that right), which she loves and eats all the time, adds to her recipes etc.

I went online...they have all different types of flavors, and look good. Pricey, but all nuts are, everywhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

I don't a lot about pecans, but I follow "Cooking with Brenda Gantt" on FB, and she is constantly pitching "Preister's Pecans" (not sure if I spelled that right), which she loves and eats all the time, adds to her recipes etc.

I went online...they have all different types of flavors, and look good. Pricey, but all nuts are, everywhere.

oh yes, we get their catalogs in the mail during the holidays, but have never tried them @amyb .

i have had good luck with getting them from PITTMAN AND DAVIS and NUTS.COM online OR  from THE FRESH MARKET if you have one close by to shop in person.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm not enough of a pecan connoisseur.  I get my big bag of pecan halves at Costco. 🤷‍♀️

BA4D4435-8460-4A87-9A50-DDC89ABB1037.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I hope some GA posters chime in!

All I know is to look for "new crop" but vendors or growers? No idea. 🤔

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

I don't a lot about pecans, but I follow "Cooking with Brenda Gantt" on FB, and she is constantly pitching "Preister's Pecans" (not sure if I spelled that right), which she loves and eats all the time, adds to her recipes etc.

oh yes, we get their catalogs in the mail during the holidays, but have never tried them @amyb .

i have had good luck with getting them from PITTMAN AND DAVIS and NUTS.COM  from THE FRESH MARKET if you have one close by.

I DO live 2 min. from a FRESH MKT...I actually buy their loose pecans (they box them up since Covid, so no one is digging for them anymore)...but which brand is there above...Pittman and Davis? or Nuts.com?? Tks.

Honored Contributor

Get mine at Sam's Club

Honored Contributor

My mother used to order her's from Sunnyland Farms.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, OKLAHOMA has the best pecans.  And the best of the best are the small native pecans.  They are not soft and sort of spongy like a lot of the hybred choices you find.

I know there is a place south of Oklahoma City called Mason's nuts but there lots of others.

I haven't heard how good the crops are here this year.  November is good pecan pickin' time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Get mine at Sam's Club

Ok, go to your room! 

I hope it's a Sam's in GA. 😁

When my BIL was stationed in GA, my sister shipped up fresh, local pecans. Once you try them you'll never eat that sawdust in a bag at the grocery.