Super Contributor
On 10/11/2014 HHC1 said:

I have seen several articles comparing Sam's, BJ's & Costco. Across the board, Costco reigns supreme. They are recognized for having the best selection, quality and pricing (including prescriptions). They also have the highest paid employees. If that wasn't enough, they are ranked the second best employer in the country.

They are second only to.... GOOGLE!

Definitely COSTCO for so many reasons like many more products to select from, return policy & great employees to deal with. Also I get a rebate check every year for $250.00 & up with their Costco American Express card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamonds22

Honored Contributor

That BJ place is regional, so they don't have them where we are.

Like everybody else, Costco is our favorite between it and Sam's Club. That one is pretty much just a glorified Walmart so I would have never purchased meat or produce there. As for other stuff they had lesser brands and the prices went up every time I went, so I finally dropped it.

Costco has superior brands, excellent customer service, and the stores I've been were always clean and uncluttered (couldn't say the same for SC).

Respected Contributor

I feel horrible that I only have Sam's some 75 miles away!

Esteemed Contributor

No BJ's so cannot speak to it. We have Costco and Sams. Costco is the place to go for us. Good customer support and products that we like... of course they move them around so finding them is like a treasure hunt. Sams is fine, some products that we cannot get in Costco we go to Sams for.

Valued Contributor

I live in Brooklyn New York..We just got a BJ's in our neighborhood. I can't see PAYING to be allowed to shop in any store. I refuse to fork over $55 to have the privilege to shop there. They have been sending flyers around giving any non members a free pass for 1 day...and in the fine print,when you get to the check out counter 15% will be added to your order..WHAT? is that really a free pass??? Anyway,I live in a place that we have SPECIALTY STORES that make FRESH FOOD...I have a PORK STORE and I have a SALUMERIA that makes Fresh Mozzerella...and other things. I have the owner of the Pork Store making me a Pork roast to my specifications..Why I would ever by MEAT in a Costco,BJ"s or any BIG STORE.. What I'm saying is that I guess to each his own..But for me.....NO WAY!

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed yesterday that BJs sells the razor blade refills that I like. 18 for $9. That's an awesome price! Costco doesn't carry them at all. They also don't sell ground chicken or kale.

Does anyone know if BJs sells frozen pepper and onion strips? That right there will seal the deal!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Costco - hand down.

I prefer their selection of the items I want to buy. I like the Kirkland brand for many items of food as well as household products, and I almost always add a bunch of flowers to my cart as I head or the cashiers.

Only problem - I love their yogurt twist with strawberry sauce and it has many calories. Not nice, Costco, to make us resist! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

I've never been in Costco, but I've had both BJ's and Sam's memberships. Sam's everyday prices are typically a tick lower than BJ's, but not by a lot, but the BJ's coupons are fantastic and keep me going to BJ's over Sam's. BJ's coupons will typically save you twenty percent or more off of their regular low prices and they have new coupon books coming every month with lots of coupons.

BJ's store brand products (Berkeley and Jensen) are fantastic in everything I've tried. I've never found them lacking.

Both stores are about a quarter mile apart in Deptford, so there's no real logistical advantage to me one way or the other, but I've kept my BJ's membership and let Sam's go simply due to the BJ's coupons. Their coupons really can save you a lot.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor
On 10/11/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I live in Brooklyn New York..We just got a BJ's in our neighborhood. I can't see PAYING to be allowed to shop in any store. I refuse to fork over $55 to have the privilege to shop there. They have been sending flyers around giving any non members a free pass for 1 day...and in the fine print,when you get to the check out counter 15% will be added to your order..WHAT? is that really a free pass??? Anyway,I live in a place that we have SPECIALTY STORES that make FRESH FOOD...I have a PORK STORE and I have a SALUMERIA that makes Fresh Mozzerella...and other things. I have the owner of the Pork Store making me a Pork roast to my specifications..Why I would ever by MEAT in a Costco,BJ"s or any BIG STORE.. What I'm saying is that I guess to each his own..But for me.....NO WAY!

I'm with you.

I would rather shop at small local stores any day. You can't beat the quality and the personal service.

Super Contributor
We don't have BJ here but our Costco is better than Sam ' s for most things especially meats. We only have Kroger and Walmart grocery stores here and really no local butcher shops. During summer we have several farmer markets for veggies and fruit but not during the winter months.