Super Contributor

Re: Anyone buying the Genius TSV?

On 6/4/2014 Ladybug724 said:

I didn't watch any of the presentations, but, don't you have to chop the vegetables anyway to make them small enough to fit into the chopper, so then you might as well chop them the rest of the way it only takes a minute. And you only have to clean the knife

I saw him putting some pretty big pieces in there. Onions and such....

Super Contributor

I would love to have a product like this. However, the reviews for other Genius products on QVC are not good enough that I feel confident that I would likely be happy with this product. Not willing to spend the return shipping amount to try it out.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

I hope that people think about how it would benefit THEM, instead of buying into the carnival barker type hype that they do in their presentations. Personally, this item does not appeal to me, as I have knives and other such tools that still work great and don't take up that much space either.

Also, with arthritis, I would envision that this type of thing would be more difficult to use.

Hi, chickie.

I love watching carnival barkers, always have. I use to make a beeline for them at every home show. It was great entertainment. I did succumb a couple times, too -- some kind of pink cleanser in a jar that was messy as heck but did a good job.

I'm with you here, though -- I should say that my husband is with you, since he does the cooking. He loves his knives (sort of scary) and his cutting boards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I saw him put whole items in the bowl. I caved and bought it. I have the Genius chopper where it is rectangle in shape and you change the blades. That one you HAVE to precut the foods. I still like it and use it often. I put whole Brussels Sprouts in the large square cutter and it quarters them perfectly. I also use the rectangle piece that is the mandolin. Even though I have a mandolin I ordered the tsv. I like the idea of turning the handle back to "stir" the items to disperse them for a more even chop. In my KA FP, I have to open the lid and scrape and still do not get everything chopped right.

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

I hope that people think about how it would benefit THEM, instead of buying into the carnival barker type hype that they do in their presentations. Personally, this item does not appeal to me, as I have knives and other such tools that still work great and don't take up that much space either.

Also, with arthritis, I would envision that this type of thing would be more difficult to use.

Hi, chickie.

I love watching carnival barkers, always have. I use to make a beeline for them at every home show. It was great entertainment. I did succumb a couple times, too -- some kind of pink cleanser in a jar that was messy as heck but did a good job.

I'm with you here, though -- I should say that my husband is with you, since he does the cooking. He loves his knives (sort of scary) and his cutting boards.

Hey Suz! Haven't we all, eh? (succumbed, that is) Live and learn I say. Smiley Happy

I love my knives and boards too. Even as the klutz I am, I hardly ever cut myself anymore. I'm more likely to cut myself while washing a knife in the sink than while cutting. Man, I remember when I was young. I was always sporting at least two bandaids on my fingers at any given time. I guess there's no expiration on being klutzy.

Frequent Contributor

Ordered my Genius TSV a little after midnight Wednesday--received it Friday morning! Love the newest version. I placed all the pieces in one lock n lock. All the pieces are easy to use and help me personally to slice, grate etc. since I am physically disabled.

Re{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}