Respected Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I'm in the don't care to watch group.  Evine's kitchen shows are absolutely horrible.  Very little inventory and they show the same products over and over.  I don't think Allison is a real ditz she just acts like one for the viewing audience.  Paula Deen is absolutely awful.  She must, without exception, touch every single piece of food on the table.  Deb was okay but now am finding her to be hard to watch too.  Helen is okay but shows the same lame products week after week.  I also find that ALL of the hosts (started with Paula Deen and the group now includes a lot of their other guests too) are finger feeding the camera and other support people constantly.  Frankly, after finger licking, etc. I find this practice to be totally disgusting.

This could describe QVC also.

Trusted Contributor

I have to disagree. Allison Waggoner is my least favorite host on Evine. She is so spastic and loud, just plain all over the place. I've often wondered if there is something wrong with her. 

When she hosts a Paula Deen presentation, it's unbearable to watch. She and Paula can't get food in their faces fast enough, plus shoving food in the mouths of the crew is over-the-top. They both run around the set, talking over eachother and practically screaming. It's a trainwreck from start to finish. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I never cared for Allison as a host on HSN and I don't care for her as a host on Evine.

Honestly, there are only a couple of hosts I like on Evine.  

Honored Contributor

I kinda like Allison some.  She seem like a kind person but that high pitched voice of hers, coupled with the ditziness and her manner of speaking, often make her difficult to watch for very long.  She laughs too much and uses the "dumb act" too much - not everything is an opportunity to be silly.

Valued Contributor

I cannot watch Allison, but I do like her brother... at least he doesn't act like an immature idiot and he has a nice voice... wish he was a host...JMHO.

Super Contributor

Has Allison left Evine?  I noticed she did not host Sizzle last week and the week before.  My coworker who watched this past Sunday's show said she was absent again and again no mention was made of her by the host or guests.

Valued Contributor

@missy1, Heather Hall is my favorite host also.  I don't understand why people say, I wish she'd come to the Q. Someone said that about Colleen Lopez too. Why don't you just watch them on the channels they're on?  Evine has gorgeous jewelry and they're stepping up their game with some new higher end clothing lines. I understand we all have our favorite shopping network, but I switch around according to the products I like and the hosts I enjoy.  Let's face it, I doubt most of them want to leave their homes and families.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@missy1, Heather Hall is my favorite host also.  I don't understand why people say, I wish she'd come to the Q. Someone said that about Colleen Lopez too. Why don't you just watch them on the channels they're on?  Evine has gorgeous jewelry and they're stepping up their game with some new higher end clothing lines. I understand we all have our favorite shopping network, but I switch around according to the products I like and the hosts I enjoy.  Let's face it, I doubt most of them want to leave their homes and families.

Heather is about the only host, I will watch over there, I noticed they updated their host page. They only have 14 hosts.

Valued Contributor

I mentioned Allison's absence on the Evine Facebook page, and was given a scripted response that they cannot discuss their hosts. Another person got that same reply (scripted) when they asked about her. NO she is on vacation, sick, etc....just nothing.

Super Contributor

Re: Allison Wagonner

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, that is interesting, Sestra44.  I am not going to pretend I am a fan -- I find the chronic me-me-me ditziness and hollering fodder while guests try to explain items hard to take.  Yet I think it is only fair to say that she really helped build The Sizzle and she did seem to have a lot of fans (viewers less crusty than me haha.)  So it seems strange that if she has left the network, her departure would be without so much as a canned "We thank her for her contributions..." acknowledgment from evine...