Honored Contributor

My dirty little Lock & Lock secret....

Since I came clean about my Honey Baked Turkey, I thought I'd also confess what I found in my garage today.... a box of Lock & Lock that I had completely forgotten about.

Is there a 12 step program for this?

IMG_9386.JPG

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: My dirty little Lock & Lock secret....

You're a riot! Thanks for making my night!

Respected Contributor

Looks like my shelf! I too found a box I forgot a few months back.
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Since I came clean about my Honey Baked Turkey, I thought I'd also confess what I found in my garage today.... a box of Lock & Lock that I had completely forgotten about.

Is there a 12 step program for this?

IMG_9386.JPG

If there is, sign me up ! I have to sit on my hands when new L&L comes on.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

no nots crazy at all.  a few years ago, i was obsessed with L&L.  i finally had to stop, when i moved, i got rid of a bunch. now that i'm all settled in, i want them back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - funny you mentioned L & L - I found a box half filled with new pieces I totally forgot about. Well, more pieces to store leftovers, lol.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  @kittyloo @QVCkitty1 @Tigriss @Jtdmum

I have done the same thing but it's all good to find that kind of a surprise.  I so like Lock and Lock, especially the nestable squares and the bread and egg holders, and the domed lid squares . . . and they can be used for organization other than food.

Plus my daughter (who teases me about being a QVC devotee) has been known to "shop" my new L&L when she needed some new storage containers for HER kitchen when she was helping me unpack a year ago. 

I'm sure there is a very large circle of us that should sit on their hands when they are presented.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  I must confess that I too, have a bowl set that is sitting in the extra room on a shelf, unopened.

I guess I haven't needed it yet, but I wouldn't give up my L&L.  For big family dinners, everyone goes home with an assortment of leftovers, all in the nestable rectangular lock and lock.  I always get it back, but while it's gone, I miss having a large amount of that size, since I use it for everything from deli meat to brown sugar. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2

I think I'm going to send leftovers home in some of my older pieces and tell them to keep the containers.  Then I can open my new ones!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I am  going to buy lock n lock when we go to my sisters for Christmas dinner. After dinner I help put away the food and it is hard to find something to put all the left overs in that will stack in her fridge. This way it will be much easier and I think my sister will like it when she opens it up to eat the left overs.