Honored Contributor

Re: Which metal do you prefer (or have more of)?

I have a lot of gold jewelry but it's packed away and I've only worn silver since I retired in 1998.  I have silver hair and a very fair complexion so I think I look best in silver.  I like it the best too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

From when I was a teenager I always loved silver.  I do own both white and yellow gold but I wear silver most of the time.

Trusted Contributor

For me it must be gold - yellow is preferred, but I also like white and rose.  I'm allergic to anything under 14K - I get all red and bumpy - it's really awful.  I've tried all different kinds of jewelry, silver, brass, bronze, 10K - all of them I wind up with an awful rash.  So 14K or higher for me.  Of course, my pocketbook doesn't appreciate that at all and I don't own a lot of jewelry.  I wear what I have everyday.

Honored Contributor

White metal.

Honored Contributor

Any in the 'cool' family, but especially sterling silver.

Honored Contributor

White/silver metal

The only yellow gold I own is an heirloom piece ( well I have a yellow gold rosary). Everything I've bought myself is either white gold, rose gold or sterling silver. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

For a long time all I bought was yellow gold.  I had to work for years until I could afford nice YG pieces and I enjoyed adding to my collection on a regular basis.  This was during the 90s when gold was relatively affordable.

For the last several years, it seems white metals are more in style.  I like them now, too, and have increased my collection a bit to include some white gold and silver.  Also now have my mom's platinum wedding set.

I find the opposite of what a few here have said.  I have very, very fair skin and have always felt I look better in yellow gold.  White metals just disappear on me.  The only time I think white shows up on me is when I have a little bit of a tan, which for me, is the slightest hint of a golden tone, 1 shade darker than my usual ghost color.  hahha