Honored Contributor

Re: Which metal do you prefer (or have more of)?

[ Edited ]

Years ago a "fashion expert" did my colors and it was a real eye opener.

She said too many women purchase jewelry based only on how they like the piece, with no regard whatsoever for if it flatters their coloring!    Duh!  It was so obvious that I couldn't believe I hadn't figured it out on my own.

My skin has pink undertones and silver metals are MUCH  more flattering .....  I could never figure out why yellow metals looked only "okay" on me, but since she explained this to me,  I have only silver metals in my jewelry box .....  steel, platinum, white gold, and sterling.  

It really does make a difference!

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

When I got into jewelry collection, I started out with the gold/yellow. I later went to silver since it reflects so much. There's some gems I would say that only look good in the yellow, I go by how that looks. Now, I love the sparkle of the silver. Like I say, it's

That's me also, have tons of yellow gold, but am now really wanting silver, just seems to suit me better, wonder why that has happened

@spix

See my post #11 ....  maybe this is why.

Super Contributor

I have loved the gold from the beginning.  I also own silver but not as much as my gold and the layered gold pieces.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of yellow gold pieces (rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces).  However, I have recently purchased a few rose gold pieces which are very pretty but hard to find.  I also have some white gold and mix it with the yellow gold sometimes.  That's the trend nowadays. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer yellow gold and sterling silver. I chose jewelry depending on color I'm wearing. 

Honored Contributor

I like silver a lot, but I love gold, especially yellow gold.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@spix, Simple, we're women, we change our minds. ROFLOL.Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Love sliver, and white gold, but not the shinny silver. I perfer John hardy, Samuel B.  James Avery, JAI, etc. Yellow gold is ok, as  long as it's accented. Shinny silver looks cheap to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

yellow gold is my favorite.  I have some 18k mostly 14k,but I really like 10k. Sounds strange but  I like the color of it and the hardness. I have lots of silver,too.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I prefer white metals;  silver, white gold, platinum.  I have a lot of sterling silver in my jewelry wardrobe.  My "serious" jewelry tends to be white gold.  But I do have some yellow gold and some yellow gold over sterling because there are times when only yellow metal will do.