Honored Contributor

Which metal do you prefer (or have more of)?

When I got into jewelry collection, I started out with the gold/yellow. I later went to silver since it reflects so much. There's some gems I would say that only look good in the yellow, I go by how that looks. Now, I love the sparkle of the silver. Like I say, it's

Honored Contributor

Re: Which metal do you prefer (or have more of)?

I have always preferred silver.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a gold girl.   Diamonds in platinum or silver lose their sparkle next to my skin.  I have some silver, but I prefer white gold which has a different cast to it.  Still, yellow or rose gold will always be my favorite with bronze or even copper for costume pieces.

Honored Contributor

I have a jewel box full of yellow gold pieces that I don't wear anymore. Sometimes it makes me sad because they are so pretty, however I just feel better wearing white metal these days. I sold some of the gold pieces, but some have special meaning, so there they sit.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

Silver

Trusted Contributor

MUCH prefer gold, but with the prices so high, the last several items I have purchased have been in either sterling silver or stainless steel. However I have purchased 2 or 3 10K yellow gold rings from JTV.

Respected Contributor

Def silver, white gold.  Not a fan of yellow in any form, and I have never liked gold.  White looks better on me any way

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Love them all! But I think white metal looks better on me, I am very fair . My favorite metal is 18K gold, white, rose, yellow. And I love my silver too, especially silver/palladium alloy.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

When I got into jewelry collection, I started out with the gold/yellow. I later went to silver since it reflects so much. There's some gems I would say that only look good in the yellow, I go by how that looks. Now, I love the sparkle of the silver. Like I say, it's

That's me also, have tons of yellow gold, but am now really wanting silver, just seems to suit me better, wonder why that has happened

Respected Contributor

Yellow gold but I have trading off with white gold and platinum.  Most of the times I wear pearl strands and studs so it doesn't matter which color the clasp is.