Honored Contributor

PEARLS MAKING COMEBACK

[ Edited ]

Yay! Wearing my pearls every day is no "a thing". I have an 16" strand that has invisable screw in extenders to go to 18", 24" and a 7" bracelet that can also be added to the pearl strand. 

I have worn the 16" or 18" with  link chains all the time. I've notived a lot of celebrites, news anchors, TV hosts wearing pearls....not to mention Nancy Pelosi, too. 

DH gave me a 36" strand for my son'r Bar Mitzvah when he was 13 yrs. old. I haven't worn them, kept them in the safe, but just took them in for cleaning and to be restrung. They're a bit long, but was the style decades ago. I can double them and enjoy them as two 18" necklaces.

Yes, I wear pearls with jeans and tees/sweaters, peeking out of button  up shirts, etc. 

Especially since my hair is now white/silver, they look even better and bring light to the face.

Anyone else love pearls? Necklaces or earring studs?

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of pearl studs. But I've never wanted a pearl necklace. 

Respected Contributor

I'm from the south; wearing pearls is as normal as wearing undies! I love my pearls. I don't wear my strands as often in the heat of the summer because I "glisten" heavily and don't want to mess them up but I do wear my earrings, rings, and bracelets then.

Trusted Contributor

Pearls are classic.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

Re: PEARLS MAKING COMEBACK

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   I love pearls and wear them often.  They can go with a polished jeans, collared shirt annd jeans or trousers look.  I don't save them exclusively for "dress up" occasions.

Classics are always in vogue.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor

Jackie Kennedy loved her pearls !

Enjoy wearing all your jewelry . Your missing out by keeping it locked up .

Valued Contributor

Pearls are my birthstone (June) so I love them. I have many colors and wear them most of the time. They never went out of style. However necklaces are I think too dressy. I never dress up. But pearl studs are my go to.

Honored Contributor

I guess I never knew that they were gone...I always wear pearls... always have!

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Carolina925 , I never stopped wearing my pearls, both acoya and freshwater.  Except my bracelet is broken and I haven't taken it in for re-stringing! 

If it's a southern thing, count me in as I live in upstate SC.  Wear my necklaces with everything (except when I expect to be sweaty).  I am in the "wear your jewelry" camp and put on something every day.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I have quite a few pearl earrings from Etsy vendors and several non-traditional necklaces and some earrings from Catherine Cardellini (Australian designer) She isn't making many new items  and I think it may be due to shoulder issues. She introduces more of her newer earrings on FB rather than her webpage.