Honored Contributor

All day on ShopLC and the prices are really good. Some set in gold but most in sterling. I'm sitting on my hands...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I love Moissanite but would be leary of it from ShopLC.  There are different qualities on the market, the lower ones having a discinct yellow tinge.  I'd bet that's what they're selling and probably not what you want.  Sit tight. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched because I don't want to be tempted.  I would like a 1ct solitaire pendant in real gold.  Last year, I bought a tennis bracelet in 10 yellow gold.  Believable carat weight.  Looks like diamonds.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   I love Moissanite but would be leary of it from ShopLC.  There are different qualities on the market, the lower ones having a discinct yellow tinge.  I'd bet that's what they're selling and probably not what you want.  Sit tight. 

@Kachina624 

I already own some of their Moissy. It's pure white and flawless. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 

I already own some of their Moissy. It's pure white and flawless. 

@SilleeMee  - I'm looking for a solitare - maybe 1.5 carats.  I saw one that was on "recently aired" but my size was sold out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Moissanite all day.

[ Edited ]

SilleeMeee   The older moissanite when it first came out did have a slight yellow tinge.  I doubt unless someone is dumping years old moissy, that it still has that coloration.  Given that, you can still purchase it graded.  On C&C the D color will cost a little more than G. But even the G is a great diamond color and they are graded like diamonds.  The cut and clarity are excellent.

Enjoy and I'm off to take a look....love moissy, it sparkles! 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@SilleeMee   The older moissanite when it first came out did have a slight yellow tinge.  I doubt unless someone is dumping years old moissy, that it still has that coloration.  Given that, you can still purchase it graded.  On C&C the D color will cost a little more than G. But even the G is a great diamond color and they are graded like diamonds.  The cut and clarity are exellent.

Enjoy and I'm off to take a look....love moissy, it sparkles! 

@phoenixbrd 

When the C&C's patent for Moissy expired,  labs got the recipe and then perfected the stone. These days most of the Moissy sold on the market is not graded any more b/c it's all nearly perfect....the recipe has been fine tuned to produce the best. That wasn't the case back in the beginning where you could buy Forever One, Forever Brilliant and Forever Classic where those were graded by color mostly.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   All true.  Before the patent expired Moissanite & Co was able to sell (as far as I know, the only company other that had the ability to sell at that time) the moissanite and you could select the 4Cs with a certificate.  Those were the days!  Moissanite & Co now sells their moissy and C&Cs.  Reviews that I've read say they are the same quality, but Moissante & Co costs a bit less. I agree that you don't have to go to C&C to get beautiful high grade moissy, but people feel safe as they are known for their quality so you know what to expect.

Honored Contributor

I would buy it from Chas Winston on JTV. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moissanite all day.

[ Edited ]

I though he bought out Charles & Colvard.

He stated that they made their own Moissanite.